Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 999R 2005 with 3000km on the clock. it seems that when i change from 4th gear to 5th, or sometimes from 3rd to 4th, i get a neutral gear in the gearbox instead.

what seems to be the problem and what to check?

thanks a lot

·
Registered
62 Posts
Try adjusting your gear lever down 5 - 10mm. I had a similar problem because I wasn't 'selecting' the gear properly with my foot.

Now that the gear lever's in the right position it goes into gear solid.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Many people have complained about false neutrals 4-5. The most common solution is to adjust your shifter lever down a bit as the previous post recommended. The other is to make sure that you use good firm pressure on the lever when you shift. If you are lazily hitting it, there is a greater chance to hit the false neutral. I have noticed this on the 749R.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I have the same problem when my foot gets lazy. (2005 999)

·
Registered
66 Posts
+1 on my 05 999R. I'm going to adjust the gear lever this weekend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
same thing for me sometimes between 5-6. usually only when im on it. wich probably relates to that lazy quickshift previosly mentioned. 09' 848

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I find the lazy foot issue exists even with GP shift, but this setup does indeed help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Heres what I did it works awesome throws are shorter and slightly stiffer but it feels to me like it should have came this way from the factory. I am using adjustable rearsets with different pivot points as well so I couls dial it in just the way I wanted it. I have not had a false neutral since and when driving aggresive the shifts are very fast.

Les

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
F/n

Its a "false neutral" and it will mess you up if you dont know. I had to call Ducati roadside for this exact instance. My new 1198S crapped out in a parking lot to my huge dismay, only to talk to the tech DRA (roadside assist.) whom guidied me out of this awkward situation..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts