Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neutral light has stopped working but all the other lights on my cluster still work. Can I change individual bulbs in that assembly or will I have to replace the whole assembly?

Where is a good place to get a quality throttle lock?

thanks in advance.

97 916 bipo.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
All i use is an O ring between the grip and the throttle control. Works fine for me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ducati2242 said:
All i use is an O ring between the grip and the throttle control. Works fine for me.
I've never seen anyone use an O ring between the grip and the throttle control before. How is it done?

·
Registered
284 Posts
You can easily replace each light individually. Just remove your front fairing, and you should have enough access.

However, if that doesn't fix the problem, try turning the bike on (with the kill button on), and ground/jump your neutral switch in order to check for a faulty switch.

If your neutral switch (located on the bottom back side of the engine ...just above the swingarm pivot shaft), has one wire, try disconnecting the switch and grounding the wire going into the harness..and check if the neutral light comes on. If you have the 2 wire switch..jump the connector. It is known to happen that neutral switches will get stuck, and stop working.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
All i do is to keep a 27mm small section O ring on my throttle grip. When on a long journey i stretch it over the end of the grip which then creates an interference type fit. You then have to turn the throttle off as well as on and you can easily stretch it back onto the throttle grip when you no longer need it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts