Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I decided the price difference wasn't that big of a deal and decided to order a nemesis ECU, anyone have any experience with this thing, any thoughts on its functionality.

With that decision out of the way I also have to get out from under an unused 96519308B (Twin Termi) ECU that I have yet to install (or receive yet for that matter) If anyone is interested let me know.

·
Eat, sleep, play!
1,166 Posts
One of the great things about the Nemesis is the number of variables you can tweak. Fuel maps for each cylinder, redline, spark maps, etc. This level of sophistication is also its greatest weakness, at least for the average user. If you have access to a lot of dyno time, you can get it pretty well dialed in assuming you know what you're doing and have the support of a shop that knows how to tune the Nemesis. Otherwise it could be a train wreck. I may be wrong about this but I don't think that this unit is a "plug and play" deal.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The unit is plug and play as it comes loaded or rather the software comes loaded with several pre configured maps, I essentially would just be edited those maps with new fuel curves to match each cylinder.

·
Eat, sleep, play!
1,166 Posts
We've had great success with the Nemesis! There isn't a better product available (under $2000 at least).
The unit is plug and play as it comes loaded or rather the software comes loaded with several pre configured maps, I essentially would just be edited those maps with new fuel curves to match each cylinder.
Thanks for correcting me on this. The Nemesis sounds like a great product! Glad to hear that desmoworks is supporting it.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Thanks for correcting me on this. The Nemesis sounds like a great product! Glad to hear that desmoworks is supporting it.
It's plug and play to the extent that any of these devices are (ie power commander, rapid bike, etc...) it is only as good as the maps provided. You are definitely correct though that if someone doesn't know what they are doing they can F it up big! :D

When we send them out they have 2 maps ready to go... switchable on the handlebar. No map that isn't custom will be perfect (and even a custom won't be perfect, but it will be better!).

The Nemesis does have an auto tune function if you use a wide band O2 sensor, loom, etc... which is a separate package. Not cheap, but it will map the bike in your riding conditions, etc... pretty cool. This is what most tuners use to make the maps except they are on a dyno.

So yeah... like anything else the Nemesis has it's ups and downs - but it is by far the most versatile product on the market and the support directly from the company is unparalleled. They know their own products inside and out as well as our bikes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts