Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was hoping to install the Vince and Nemesis tonight and tomorrow. So, I loaded in the CD, but my computer won't recognize it.

Two options I guess. Can I download the software somewhere?

Next option. I have the Termi ECU in there now, no dbKillers, and plan on running the Vince the same. Can I put the Vince system on, use that Termi ECU for a couple of days til I find a computer that will allow me to load a map into the Nemesis, and replace it then?

·
9,757 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, I think you should just hurry over to a computer that'll run the Nemesis CD and get busy boxing up those termis and ECU :D:D:D

In all seriousness though the bike will probably run with the DP ECU. How well it'll run is another question. I'd imagine it'd be a bit too lean (no good).
Yeah I don't like lean, especially since I get stuck chugging around a lot in stop/go (hot!).

But it's the Termi ECU, and the slipons are loud as ass/free-breathing. Same as the Vince, I would guess, or very close. Still think it's a problem?

See, if I get it done quick, you'll be happy too:)

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
I ran my full Leo Vince Corsa system with the Termi ecu for a week or so until I had a pc3 installed and the motor tuned. The bike ran ok on the top end, but was extremely lean between 3-6k. The bike would run really rough in between that rev range.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ran my full Leo Vince Corsa system with the Termi ecu for a week or so until I had a pc3 installed and the motor tuned. The bike ran ok on the top end, but was extremely lean between 3-6k. The bike would run really rough in between that rev range.
Still breaking it in, so that IS the range LOL. OK, plan 2, does anyone have the CD, can zip it and I'll give you my server's FTP co-ords in a PM? Hopefully it's not huge...pretty please:)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No go. A gracious forum member uploaded the software, but it turns out since I have Vista 64 on a quadcore/dual processor AMD box, I can't get it to work. Went to GPBikes today, they've never dealt with a Nemesis, so I'll have to start scouting computers at work on Monday LOL.

Oh well, I replaced the chain guard with Cycle Cat piece and removed the clutch cover, replaced with the STM wire unit (wasn't too fussy on the blingy Rizoma), also from GPBikes, local dealer.

So the weekend wasn't a total loss. Except my date bailed on me:think: which sucks cuz now that I've had a beer I can't ride LOL!!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The nemesis software is xp only and you really need a laptop because the maps need to be uploaded with the bike on.
Ah ok, makes sense. Probably safe to install the exhaust with the dbKillers in?

I can borrow a laptop from work in the next week or so if I can. It will run ok, not lean, with the Termi ECU and Leo Vince pipes, dbKillers in, I suppose? I've promised the pipes to someone (wink wink LOL) so the sooner I get the Termis off, the better.

But I've also noticed Nemesis isn't USB, so I'll probably need to buy the adaptor...

Guess it's time to talk to motowheels...

Shawn

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I got the Leo on, with dbKillers still in. The bike is very quiet LOL, sounds great though, tone-wise. It's also running several degrees cooler (which is good I think!) so I'm guessing it's either a little rich or the original setup was off a bit.

Those springs are a bitch LOL! Any suggestions for next time?

Have to get a laptop that will do the Nemisis asap, cuz I think it's way too quiet LOL...

Looks killer! Nice and clean.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Shawn

Sorry for the thread-jack, but did you get those CMC rotors on yet? Thats what I have been waiting for!

Ride safe

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Shawn

Sorry for the thread-jack, but did you get those CMC rotors on yet? Thats what I have been waiting for!

Ride safe
Hey man, yep, they are at the dealer. Rotors, cf rims, mag swingarm n triple are going on June 8 - I didn't want to muck with that stuff myself.

Here's a few, finally decent (sorta) pics after the LV install:

Shawn:)

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
Well I got the Leo on, with dbKillers still in. The bike is very quiet LOL, sounds great though, tone-wise. It's also running several degrees cooler (which is good I think!) so I'm guessing it's either a little rich or the original setup was off a bit.

Those springs are a bitch LOL! Any suggestions for next time?
Take off the dB killers. My buddy has a LV fully system on his 848 and it is loud!

As for the springs, my LV exhaust came with a tool that made installation of the springs a breeze. It looked like a mini hanger that you use to pull on the hooks to stretch out the springs to mount them on the mounting points.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts