Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I send someone a map I like that's a bit rich can you make it a bit less rich?

I ride on the street...but this thing (the nemesis) is so convenient...why not switch to a rich map when traffic is bad and open up (hold the starter really simple) for the rest of the time and give it some room to breathe?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you're thinking about a system that can switch to either map for whatever reason. The nemesis does have 2 maps on-board, I don't see a reason why a trigger can't be fitted somehow.
Yeah, basically a map about the same as map one now, and another map running leaner, map two; hit the start button and switch maps when it makes sense. The putzing around map that runs cool, and the boogie map that adds a bit of pull, if that makes sense...

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you don't know about how motors work.

The more fuel you give it, the COOLER it runs! Lean running motors run substantially hotter then rich motors. ;)
Actually Tye that's exactly what I'm saying, and yes I know that LOL - the lean hot map for performance, the rich cool map for city/slow driving...

Shawn

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You never want a lean map ever... its even worse having a lean map going hard then just cruising.

I understand your point, but it doesn't work like that sadly. Plus, the Nemesis isn't built for the street (hence the reason why it removes the security system).
OK thanks man...THAT'S the stuff I don't know. When I say lean, I mean "best performance map" - one that in my experience so far would run 10 degrees hotter at a stoplight, but be awesome when riding, if that makes sense. Then you give it the other map, with lots of fuel to cool it down, when stuck/plodding around without air flowing around the bike. I've learned one thing - this Ducati is air cooled LOL (movement, Earth air, I mean)...

So do I have any options here?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe I'm over thinking this. The motowheels CD came with 2 particular maps I like - one, the one I run (plus it's twin in map two) runs cool and performs OK. Another really gave an increase performance-wise, but was too hot at lights, quickly. So maybe I can make the first map one and the second map two? Can I do that?

·
Registered
463 Posts
MY in traffic map is nearly identical to my primary but the fans are on all the time. It held up well so far. Just take the map you are using now and make it so the fans are on all the time, set them to like 70C or so. Then load your new "All Fan" map into Map 2.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Interesting, I was wondering about having two fan settings (one setting per map, switch maps for different fan on the go) on the Nemesis.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, but the fan does seem to come on soon as I'm in traffic already, so what I think I'll try to do is load in that crazy map that went great but got hot when not moving, as map two, and keep what I have for map one but do the tweak Chris notes, i.e., set it for fan-on always, see if it makes a difference.

The current setup has me at around 97deg in stop/go traffic, the map I liked the most put me at 105 in those conditions, but fine (and definitely more powerful by my butt dyno) everywhere else...so that's what I'm gonna try to do and give it a bit of time to see if I like it.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
9,757 Posts
Eh, its a Ducati, they get hot. I mean, you can go around in circles trying to get it cooler, but they run hot.

Getting the fans to come on earlier is a great idea and maybe getting an aftermarket exhaust will help kool your butt down.

Ohh... and how does it get that hot in Canada? I thought it was cold up there...
It's 24 celsius in Vancouver right now (midnight) with 65% humidity.

Tomorrow morning it's gonna be 30 degrees.

Toronto should be even warmer and more humid.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's 24 celsius in Vancouver right now (midnight) with 65% humidity.

Tomorrow morning it's gonna be 30 degrees.

Toronto should be even warmer and more humid.
I think the same today....30C but it rained last night n my power went out so I'm doin the interwebz on my phone lol.

Tye-I have Vince titanium with dbkillers removed. Bike is ok in traffic...want more balls outta traffic:)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
More ballz on a 1098? Hmm... Maybe race fuel? LOL :rolleyes:

IDK, my 848 seems to have plenty of balls with a stock exhaust on it. Perhaps your map isn't that great...
It's the point of the whole thing for me, really - knowing I'm running to keep it from overheating at stoplights and that I am therefore not getting the best out of the bike...lots of power already LOL!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts