Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Competition Systems is developing the Nemesis ECU for the SF, and if so when it will be released?

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,233 Posts
i emailed them a few weeks ago and they stated that they would "announce" something in Sept. If/when they email me, i will post it (they said they would email me/announce it on their site.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Why wait for nemesis when you could have microtec right now. More processing power and supports ducati traction control. Look into it.

·
Bon Vivant
10,925 Posts
Microtec is a full replacement ECU. It does NOT support or even retain the DDA or DTC.
They may be developing their own traction control system but it does not support Ducati systems.
Right now, today - they don't have any traction control available.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Microtec is a full replacement ECU. It does NOT support or even retain the DDA or DTC.
They may be developing their own traction control system but it does not support Ducati systems.
You might want to check your info. The official release has not happen yet but it will in the next couple of weeks. Mark Just did a 1098r with microtec utilizing the dtc. The microtec ecu supports Ducati Factory Traction control. They will also release a stand a lone traction control for bikes that didn't come factory equipped with it. Read post number 8 in the link im posting. I realize that the microtec is a stand alone system. I mentioned it because the op asked about the nemesis which is also stand alone.

Read post#8

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=72694

·
Bon Vivant
10,925 Posts
still not buying it... The Microtec website does not indicate that Ducati Tracion Control is supported.
I doubt that it is - being that the Ducati ECU along with the traction control and the data acquisition software are removed from the bike when a Microtec ECU is installed.

Here is the Microtec website: http://www.microtec.cc/cms/en

If someone finds the info I'm missing please let me know.

·
Registered
309 Posts
still not buying it... The Microtec website does not indicate that Ducati Tracion Control is supported.
I doubt that it is - being that the Ducati ECU along with the traction control and the data acquisition software are removed from the bike when a Microtec ECU is installed.

Here is the Microtec website: http://www.microtec.cc/cms/en

If someone finds the info I'm missing please let me know.
Ok. You win. We will see in a couple of weeks. I don't know if they have plans to support dda. If you have questions you can contact Mark at the ducshop since he just installed one of the microtec ecu's on a 1098R with DUCATI TRACTION CONTROL.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You will not have to wait a couple of weeks to resolve. On Saturday I had the Microtec ECU installed on my 1098R. Sunday I drove to Bluegrass to check it out, but the track was closed because of rain. So while I haven't actually rode the equipped bike, it is installed and does recognise the DTC format, at least the program is displayed on the dash, and you can select what level you wish to enter. It does not display an error as when the gyro is unplugged. I will give Microtec the benefit of the doubt as to whether or not they have tested the unit in the field. As soon as I can get to the track I will post up some info. I can tell you that if the dyno runs are any indication ,the Microtec ECU is a keeper.

BOBR

·
Registered
680 Posts
We have 20 units with the new 1.3 software (which has DTC) being shipped as they are made, 5 shipped today and the rest as produced. The 1098R map was first and they are almost done with the 1198 which should be very close to the SF so should not be long.

·
Bon Vivant
10,925 Posts
Well Ducshop - please tell us more!

We are all impatiently waiting for a tunable solution for our ECU problems.

According to the Microtec website this thing doesn't exist but maybe you are ahead of the web updates - If so, please fill us in :eek:

Also don't forget - the 1098R has a completely different DTC than the streetfighter/1198...

·
Registered
680 Posts
I think I was clear on the present situation, you will have to be patient, when a new model bike comes out the aftermarket companies have to get one in house to develop their product. Yes, the 1198S DTC is different but only slightly (it kills some of the fuel too so unspent fuel doesnt get into the atmophere for EPA reasons, not really an advanced DTC), hence why they are working on the 1198S configuration now and SF next. I think they are waiting for all three to be complete before they add it to the website.
Well Ducshop - please tell us more!

According to the Microtec website this thing doesn't exist but maybe you are ahead of the web updates - If so, please fill us in :eek:

Also don't forget - the 1098R has a completely different DTC than the streetfighter/1198...

·
Registered
309 Posts
QUOTE=flynbulldog;695174]Well Ducshop - please tell us more!

Also don't forget - the 1098R has a completely different DTC than the streetfighter/1198...[/QUOTE]
In case you didn't know ducshop is an importer of microtec. He has direct lines to italy. What he says is what's really going on with this product. He's not just flapping his pie hole. The customer service from ducshop and microtec has been outstanding, answering emails,pm's,phonecalls and even the microtec guys responding to my many emails during the month of august holiday. Great product with great support. I think that you streetfighter guys will be pleased with the product. I replaced my dpecu on the 1198 and I'm never looking back.

·
Bon Vivant
10,925 Posts
yeah I knew that Ducshop was "in the know" and I've read many of the glowing reviews about them.

That's why I'm very interested to hear details about the product.
I hope we can get something pretty soon

·
Registered
412 Posts
Does anyone know if Competition Systems is developing the Nemesis ECU for the SF, and if so when it will be released?
I have a Nemesis installed on my SFS that's for a 1098. It's awesome! Fueling problems are completely gone. There are still some tweaks that need to be done with the speed sensor.

DTC is gone but DDA is still working. I did gain +11 hp and +8 ft/lbs torque. Plus you have two maps to switch between on the fly.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What problems are you have'n w/ the speed sensor? No speed indication, too high, too low? Thanks

·
Registered
412 Posts
What problems are you have'n w/ the speed sensor? No speed indication, too high, too low? Thanks
Speed is ok it's just the odometer reads about 1.6 miles for every mile ridden. We've messed with the wheel size but then it throws off the speed. We think it compatibility issue with the computer in the dash since it's different than the 1098 computer. But like I said before we are adapting a 1098 ecu this is not an ecu built specifically for the Streetfighter. That side of it Mick has to work on, BMS just built all the mapping.

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,233 Posts
Any way to know if the sensor got mounted closer to the axle, hence more mileage or is it possible to move iit further out?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'd like to see the Tuneboy solution. It seems you have total control over the existing ECU without affecting the DTC, DDA.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts