Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
‘05 749R, ‘89 851/926, 749R/999RS project
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just slowly building up a junkyard dog (JYD) 999 track bike out of spares and nightshift Ebay finds as time and money permit. I already have a Nemesis in my current 749R race bike, and have the Lambda/O2 kit, laptimer to suit so have been keeping a casual eye out for another affordable Nemesis ECU for the JYD.

Most of the big bits are there, but an ECU has been elusive. I thought I had it sorted...only to get dudded with a DP 848+Termi ECU arriving from Holland in Nemesis packaging....bugger. I can only hope for Karma on that one....

Anyway, I supposedly need a Type 1 unit for 749/999/848/1*98 Nemesis 2 Type 1

But I recently found a Type 2, for Hyper 1100, Monster 696, S2R1000, S4R, Sport Classic etc Nemesis 2 Type 2

With all these bikes supposedly having the IAW5.9 ECU as OEM fitment I'm just wondering what the difference is between the Type 1 and 2 ECU's. I understand the Type 1 is a slightly different shape to the Type 2, but are they functionally the same, just in a slightly different package? I just need it to plug into and work with a 749/999 loom, adapting the mounting is no problem.

The mutt won't be pretty, kinda "heroin-chic", with some tatty fairings/tank/frame etc disguising an RS engine, Febur swingarm, 749R triples/shock/link etc. Should be good for a giggle anyway.

·
Registered
‘05 749R, ‘89 851/926, 749R/999RS project
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ran out of options for info, and no response here so I fired an enquiry off to **** Boasman at BSD (Bike Sport Developments). I tell ya, he/they can teach a lot of company's a thing or two about customer service, the guy is a gem. Despite there not being a cracker in it for him I had a helpful response overnight.

Basically despite similar ECU's being used on the bikes mentioned, the Type 1 and Type 2 Nemesis ECU's have different internal hardware, meaning they aren't interchangeable.

Just thought I'd feed this back, might be useful for someone.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts