Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Tightly Clenched...
959 Posts
This really cut me up when I heard it yesterday, one of my big regrets is never getting to see Rush live. Been listening since i was 15 or 16, road trips with friends from school, introducing the band to younger family members. Damn it all...

·
Registered
263 Posts
What's breaking me up is I didn't get to see the last tour, I was too busy with work. But their documentary "Time Stand Still" went through their very last "R40" tour. People flew in to the very last show in LA from all over the world. That tour when it was put on was not billed as the final Rush tour, but by the time the end came around everyone knew it was and there were tears. Both Alex and Neil were having physical issues continuing. The documentary has some great stories from the band and also follows some superfans who attend Rush conventions and see many shows.

So I rewatched this last night with my wife who is also a fan and has attended many concerts with me. The end hits pretty hard. Recommended video.

·
Smut peddler
874 Posts
When I used to go on snowmobile trips, quite a few stops at the bar involved me playing Working Man on the jukebox. Drove my one buddy crazy. Which, of course, made me play it again. Guy lived a great life, albeit short.

To quote a wise man, "All men die, not all men truly live." - Danny Glover

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Both Alex and Neil were having physical issues continuing.
Rockin' on just as long as they could. I'm sure they did not want to disappoint the fans. (y)
Glad I saw them in 2012 at least. Played the DVD of Clockwork Angels last night. Awesome.
Thanks to all who posted links, will be checking those out.
RIP Neil.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
XM has been playing non stop RUSH on channel 28 I thunk. I've had it on since Friday. I'm ashamed that I didn't see them all that much but, I do have every album they've done. Again, ashamed that I have been pinpointing Neil and his talent. I knew he was fabulous but, instead I heard the whole band, which of course is phenomenal.
Red Barchetta and Roll the bones particularly speak to me. Oh, and Rivendal

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Should be a good show on XMSirius radio ch27 tonight. If you don't have it, you might be able to sign up real quick on a 7 day free trial or something...either listen on your phone or computer.

I've been listening to satellite radio for so long, that I bought a "Lifetime" radio a few years ago. It works until the radio dies...nontransferable. Now, they don't sell them anymore.:cry:

UPDATE!

SXM is honoring Peart with a limited-time Rush Tribute Channel now through Wednesday, January 15 at 3am ET. on Deep Tracks (Ch. 27)
Rush Tribute Channel features the classic music of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees, plus a two-hour exclusive special, Closer To The Heart The Music of Rush’s Neil Peart, showcasing Peart’s career highlights and music with rock journalist and SiriusXM host David Fricke.
The special airs on Monday, January 13 at 7pm ET with encores on Tuesday, January 14 at 10am and 9pm ET; it will also be available On Demand.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
UPDATE!!!

SXM is honoring Peart with a limited-time Rush Tribute Channel now through Wednesday, January 15 at 3am ET. on Deep Tracks (Ch. 27)
Rush Tribute Channel features the classic music of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees, plus a two-hour exclusive special, Closer To The Heart The Music of Rush’s Neil Peart, showcasing Peart’s career highlights and music with rock journalist and SiriusXM host David Fricke.
The special airs on Monday, January 13 at 7pm ET with encores on Tuesday, January 14 at 10am and 9pm ET; it will also be available On Demand.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Being a drummer for close to 30 years, Neil Peart was one of my first idols. I can't count the hours of sitting in my bedroom playing along to Rush trying to get every beat on time with him. I blew countless speakers playing it loud enough to where I could hear the music along with my drums. One of my favorite songs by them was Witch hunt off of Moving Pictures. I got to see both Signals and Grace Under Pressure tours.

·
Mexican Ducatista
950 Posts
This really cut me up when I heard it yesterday, one of my big regrets is never getting to see Rush live. Been listening since i was 15 or 16, road trips with friends from school, introducing the band to younger family members. Damn it all...
Same here. I regret not attending a Rush concert in my life. Damn!

·
Mexican Ducatista
950 Posts

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Sirius radio is STILL playing Rush on ch 27...they keep extending the Rush Channel due to popular demand.💕

·
Administrator
5,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I have been listening to Channel 27 off and on since they started this. Brings back great memories!

·
Registered
3 Posts
There will be a hometown tribute for NEP in Saint Catherin's (Niagara Falls region ...over the line) CA May 16th. If any one's interested, I think I ride out from Washington DC -Pentagon City (MS Enduro) the day before and drop in. Tickets will be issued (A Night For Neil – Overtime Angels) shortly.

NEP was gifted a GS by his first wife and before his daughter was killed in an accident (source: Ghostrider) and then, as some of you know, spent almost 2 plus years riding in circles all over North America to heal from the concurrent deaths of his daughter\wife. Locally here in DC, the bmwbmw.org boards have a long post from one of NEPs influencers (at least for lyrics) for Red Barchetta. I'm pretty sure I trailed the Rush bus sans bikes into a concert venue one year in VA on my Ducati ST4. I also contributed to a symposium in 2003, "Rand, Rush and Rock."

Very sad this, passing.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts