Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 900SS and she's been having some issues that I think could be related to the ECU. I was wondering if there is anyone in the Seattle area that has Remus DP's and would be willing to let me slip their ECU on my bike to see if that clears up my problem or not. I have already replaced the injectors (got them for $100 - matched pair - with exchange....anyone interested in where, I can find out and get back to you) and can't see continuing a trend of replacing parts to troubleshoot a problem.

If someone is out there, please let me know. I appreciate it soooo much. I'll even buy ya lunch! ;)

Thanks,
Janna :)

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Surely there is another 900SS with pipes in Seattle

Hey DucGrl,

If you were anywhere in Australia, i would express post mine for you to try to see if it is the bike or ECU.

Hopefully there is someone like minded in Seattle or WA state.

Richard

·
Registered
989 Posts
What issues are you having..

There are very few problems with these bikes that haven't been brought up here before. Have a quick search with your descriptors and/or let us know what's happening.

Good luck

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tried a search and I guess I can't narrow it down enough to get what I need. I get all kinds of stuff that would take me days to read thru. I'll probably just have to go to one of the crappy dealers we have here. Bummer......they're rip offs.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ducati Seattle & Eastside Motosports are 2 of the highest rated dealers in the country... still a dealer so wouldn't be cheap but they know their stuff. There's also Cheshire Motorsports in Portland, they've got a good rep as well.

I may be able to pull my ECU's later this year for a test... riding the bike now though (well, not now since it's dumping rain). I'm a bit reluctant to try that in case you've got something else wrong electrically that fried your ECU...

Try posting up a list of symptoms and stuff here and see what people can diagnose.

·
Registered
207 Posts
BTW I don't have Remus pipes on my bike or a remapped ECU... ECU is stock map, pipes are Two Brothers. I've got a PC3 on there to tweak the fuel map.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dave is no longer one of my favorite people to deal with.....he's just apparently not interested in treating existing customers well, even when they want to trade in the brand new Monster I bought from him (1+ years) and looking to buy one of the 998 Matrix's he was having a hell of a time turning over. Plus, his entire shop crew vanished overnight a few years back, making me leary as to why. I liked them all in there then. So Seattle Ducati is out.
Now, for Eastside......I actually took the bike in there for exactly this problem a couple years back and we told them if they ripped into it enough to make a valve adjustment a good plan, to go ahead and do it. Well, THAT's ALL THEY DID! Never diagnosed the problem I took it in there for, never even tried, and $675 later I have a good valve job and still the same problem with the bike. I wasn't too happy, needless to say.
I apopreciate your suggestion, and I might just take her to Portland. I also appreciate that you have faith and loyalty in our locals. Unfortunately, based on my experiences, I do not. I'll also try writing down everything I can think of that it's been doing for years now and posting it.

Thanks Jesse,

Janna

·
Registered
45 Posts
I live in Olympia, WA and I have a 1999 900 SS as well... If you'd like or if you still need it, we could figure something out to let you use the ECU or whatever you needed. Let me know... Just curious though, what issues more specificallly are you having??

·
Registered
635 Posts
DuckGrl have you worked out your problem yet? I'm not 100% sure but I believe I have another ECU at my house on my extra frame. I'm deployed until first week of Nov so if you are still working it out then let me know!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts