Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed complete Superbike front on my 2004 Monster S4R. I have everything sorted except the steering damper attachment to the triple/handlebar clamps. The old bracket does not fit so I have to improvise.

If any of you guys could measure the distance on the handlebar clamps bolts center to center side to side. I.e. distance between the left and the right bolt. Both the front and the rear set as I believe that the distances are different in front than in rear of the clamps.

I would like to get it done on Monster 1200, Monster 1100 and Multi 1200 if possible. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
If you’re going to mount bar risers on a triple not meant for them it will be better to check the webbing on the bottom of the triple to decide where to mount the riser, or it can be much more difficult to install them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the situation. I have the risers already in. I used the front two holes to install the one bolt risers which moved my handlebars approx 1" forward and which gave me more space between the handlebars and the tank at full turn. That also made the original Matris bracket for the damper unusable. I looked around and the M1200/1100 and MTS1200 have similar damper attachment as the S4R and I could probably use the bracket from one of those kits. That's why I need the measurement.

If not then I'll get one machined and anodized.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts