Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Need .... Steering Damper

2510 Views 14 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  superduc21
Anyone know where to get a steering damper for an 05 1000 SS DS? Need one for WERA racing! Ohlins prefered.

Thanks
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No luck with the Ohlins kit, but I ordered a Hyperpro from KneeDraggers.com for the 900SS (HP505747) $439.95 + $9.00 shipping I hope it will fit.

But it won't be here for this weekend.

They do have the Ohlins kit for the 900SS but it only lists it til the '01 model. They sent me a price quote for that one of $409.00, but I don't think it will fit.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have an Ohlins on my 02 Daytona 955i race bike which I could use with a universal fork mount but the frame mount is still an issue. Do the other year SS's fit?

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Brad906 said:
Try finding a cruiser windshield mount clamp for a 1" bar and use a side mount "stick" type damper. I'm using a Daytona on mine. Not very flashy but works quite well!...Heading for Jennings I assume??
Yes, jennings is the destination, but won't have the SS ready in time. We will be running the Triumph 675 and the Triumph Thruxton this weekend.

Superduc 21: I ordered the Hyperpro model, but was not sure if the 01 Duc kit from Ohlins was the same application as I need for the 05 ..... anyhoo I'll get what I need it just won't be this weekend :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.