Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to get a steering damper for an 05 1000 SS DS? Need one for WERA racing! Ohlins prefered.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
pm "xseal" he's building a 1000SS racebike. he might let you in on where he found his.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,751 Posts
SeaScum said:
Anyone know where to get a steering damper for an 05 1000 SS DS? Need one for WERA racing! Ohlins prefered.

Thanks
PM NCRick...he is an Ohlins man and can get that stuff to the spec you need!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
Good luck. I ordered an Ohlins from a couple different sources and was told that Ohlins Sweden discontinued the model. We tried ordering the parts separately from Ohlins Sweden, I waited a month and a half before giving up.

I finally ordered a Toby from LP, and was told it was the last one they had in stock and that it was discontinued as well.

Check on Hyperpro, someone along the way told me they made one. You could also check other sources for a Toby and see if someone has them in stock.

I think the best you an do for Ohlins is buy a generic one, get the 50mm fork mount, and fabricate a mount for the frame.

If you find a source for Ohlins, pls let me know. I'd like to buy the frame mount, at a minimum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
I bought a used one. Bitubo. I don't know if they still make them, but you can add it to your list of manufacturers to check. It has five+ clicks of adjustment, seems to be sufficient to do the job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the leads guys, either way I don't think sourcing one for this weekend will work! But the hunt continues!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No luck with the Ohlins kit, but I ordered a Hyperpro from KneeDraggers.com for the 900SS (HP505747) $439.95 + $9.00 shipping I hope it will fit.

But it won't be here for this weekend.

They do have the Ohlins kit for the 900SS but it only lists it til the '01 model. They sent me a price quote for that one of $409.00, but I don't think it will fit.
 

·
Chilehead
Joined
·
6,982 Posts
SeaScum said:
No luck with the Ohlins kit, but I ordered a Hyperpro from KneeDraggers.com for the 900SS (HP505747) $439.95 + $9.00 shipping I hope it will fit.

But it won't be here for this weekend.

They do have the Ohlins kit for the 900SS but it only lists it til the '01 model. They sent me a price quote for that one of $409.00, but I don't think it will fit.
For the SS1000DS, they'll fit, but you will need to shim the fork-leg clamp. I used a couple of old 0.5mm feeler guages.

Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
tom -- does the older SS kit fit on the frame? If all it needs is a new fork mount, you can get those for any size fork from Ohlins.
 

·
Chilehead
Joined
·
6,982 Posts
xseal said:
tom -- does the older SS kit fit on the frame? If all it needs is a new fork mount, you can get those for any size fork from Ohlins.
I have 2 900SSie kits (the second one is sitting around, a friend threw it in with a bunch of other stuff I got from him). Both are DP offerings, one with a Zacharia damper, the other I can't recall, but here it is mounted (the frame clamp is on the down tube near the red clamp at the center of the damper body:



On both kits, the clamps for the frame tubes are correct, the fork one needed 0.5mm shims (feeler guages work perfectly).

Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have an Ohlins on my 02 Daytona 955i race bike which I could use with a universal fork mount but the frame mount is still an issue. Do the other year SS's fit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Try finding a cruiser windshield mount clamp for a 1" bar and use a side mount "stick" type damper. I'm using a Daytona on mine. Not very flashy but works quite well!...Heading for Jennings I assume??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Brad906 said:
Try finding a cruiser windshield mount clamp for a 1" bar and use a side mount "stick" type damper. I'm using a Daytona on mine. Not very flashy but works quite well!...Heading for Jennings I assume??
Yes, jennings is the destination, but won't have the SS ready in time. We will be running the Triumph 675 and the Triumph Thruxton this weekend.

Superduc 21: I ordered the Hyperpro model, but was not sure if the 01 Duc kit from Ohlins was the same application as I need for the 05 ..... anyhoo I'll get what I need it just won't be this weekend :mad:
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top