Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am in Japan and have just bought a new 1200S Touring

In Japan the bikes are restricted to 100HP due to emission/noise regulations.

I have been told that simply switching the ECU with a standard American, Canadian or European unit will bring the bike back to normal

Does anyone have one to sell?

Cheers

Neil

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I agree. I am actually planning to get the purchased ECU to him .Just need to ride my bike and if I take out the ECU it will be a few weeks turnaround including shipping :) Do not want my bike sitting there ;-)

The map looks great by the way

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
I upgraded to the full Termi exhaust, that came with a new ECU. So I have the original stock ECU I could sell. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Bill A. How are you getting on with your new Termi system and the new ECU? I have a few issues...just wonder about your experinces. (Do you know if it's fact that you have to take the Termi box off to get the back wheel off). Nick

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Bill A. How are you getting on with your new Termi system and the new ECU? I have a few issues...just wonder about your experinces. (Do you know if it's fact that you have to take the Termi box off to get the back wheel off). Nick
The Termi plus FatDucs have mine running very well.

And yes, You have to remove the can to get the rear wheel off, but it's just a matter of removing a spring (or two) and pulling the muffler off...30 seconds worth of work.

·
Super Moderator
5,667 Posts
I upgraded to the full Termi exhaust, that came with a new ECU. So I have the original stock ECU I could sell. PM me if you're interested.
Bill A beat me to it, I was going to make the same offer, it's just sitting in a box. Anybody need an original exhaust from a '12 - with ECU?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts