Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 ST3s and the tach does not work. It gets power as it lights up and the ABS light works but the tach is dead. There are a few for sale on Ebay but before I venture that direction, I thought I would see if anyone here has one. If not, then the search will continue.

Does anyone know if a tach from a Multistrada will work? They look the same and the connection looks the same. I know mine lights up and says ST3 at start up. Would the Multi one start up with Multistrada on it?

Questions questions. Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I had to change out a cluster on my 06 ST3 (bad tach) and I understand that the cluster, ECU, and key switch is tied together electronically. If you replace the cluster, the bike will not run. You will need to get the cluster, ECU, and key switch for it to be a bolt-on fix. Get the seat key lock and gas tank lock also if you want to keep it one key for everything.

Another way you may be able to do it is to purchase a used cluster and have your ECU re-flashed with a DP map. I believe you can reset the dash, key switch, and ECU again with a re-flash. Another benefit is that you will have a better running bike.

I went the route to buy a used set off ebay - cluster, ecu (DP), and key switch off the same bike. Plug and play.

Scott L.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a near new tacho unit for an ST3s if you are interested, you will have to have it matched to you CPU and Keys though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts