Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help-

Just bought my dream bike....one problem...as it is being loaded for delivery from Virginia to CA, owner discovers he has lost black key and red key and code card...but he claims he will find it. He did not find it and now I am kind of on my own as seller says it is my problem...so much for Ducati "family" members treating each other well.

Of course I paid in full for it and now it is my problem...buyers be careful and get all the keys...it is a big problem and expense to replace...my particular speedometer cannot be fixed by SOS Diagnostics...I guess some OEM speedometers are supplied by two different suppliers and my supplier cannnot be addressed by SOS(cost would ahve been $450-ouch)

I have one Black Key and need to get copies made in Orange County.
Does anyone know of a locksmith that can cut, clone/code, my Black key located in Orange County Area?

I found a place in Oregon(SOS), nice guy and has a good reputation-but I a little nervous to send my only key out-of-state..if it gets lost...my problem gets much worse....

HELP:)

·
Registered
391 Posts
I used him to. ~30 bucks and i got my key same week. You just need to send him you black key to copy and imprint with the code

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spoke with Jim at AL&K...very nice and direct...thank you for the connection...Still trying to see if a local Orange County locksmith can create a copy...not having the key with me makes me nervous...not nervous about AL&K, but I would fel much more comfortable being able to walk-in, get a copy and walk-out...:):)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...and send the seller the bill. What a douche.
I was bummed at first...but I do have a bike that is in great condition...just a pain to get a back-up key...these bikes are hard to get so I am glad to have one( if only with one key!!!):cool:

Cheers

·
Registered
182 Posts
I spoke with Jim at AL&K...very nice and direct...thank you for the connection...Still trying to see if a local Orange County locksmith can create a copy...not having the key with me makes me nervous...not nervous about AL&K, but I would fel much more comfortable being able to walk-in, get a copy and walk-out...:):)
Ask some of your local Ducati dealers for places they can recommend for you to go and get a key made.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Help-

Just bought my dream bike....one problem...as it is being loaded for delivery from Virginia to CA, owner discovers he has lost black key and red key and code card...but he claims he will find it. He did not find it and now I am kind of on my own as seller says it is my problem...so much for Ducati "family" members treating each other well.

Of course I paid in full for it and now it is my problem...buyers be careful and get all the keys...it is a big problem and expense to replace...my particular speedometer cannot be fixed by SOS Diagnostics...I guess some OEM speedometers are supplied by two different suppliers and my supplier cannnot be addressed by SOS(cost would ahve been $450-ouch)

I have one Black Key and need to get copies made in Orange County.
Does anyone know of a locksmith that can cut, clone/code, my Black key located in Orange County Area?

I found a place in Oregon(SOS), nice guy and has a good reputation-but I a little nervous to send my only key out-of-state..if it gets lost...my problem gets much worse....

HELP:)
sorry to hear about your troubles, hopefully the suggestion helps. I'm in Huntington Beach, let me know when you get your bike up and running.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Possible solution

I have the contact information for a guy who will reflash your ECU with a DP Performance map and remove all of the immobilizing features built into the computer, which interfaces with the instrument gauge, and ignition cover. You will no longer need a red key for servicing, and can have a key cut at any local locksmith without programing. You can get 2 blank keys on ebay for about $10. It costs $300 to reflash the ECU and $50 to remove the immobilizing feature. I had both of them done together, so I don't know if the $50 is an à la carte option. If you are interested, let me know and I will forward you the contact info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts