Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.. so to make this long story short.. I went to Daytona.. got in an accident becuz some girl (on foot) decided to run out in front of me while I was doing 40mph at 3am... weird, I know... neway, I need some input. I will probably get some money out of insurance. So, do I A: sell it as is? B: Replace everything new and make it look pretty again? (still have that MotoGP kit in the garage). C: Strip it and sell parts? or D: turn it into my new racebike???? It does have some tasty bits on it.. ie. pvm wheels, 54mm full Arrow system, carbon yadda yadda yadda...

·
Registered
234 Posts
If the damage is mostly cosmetic I would turn it into a track bike...but some inexpensive plastic for it and be done with it(esp with the other mods already on it)! Is the damage extensive?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing that was damaged was the bodywork... The thing is, I already have a full racebike (r1).... but I have thought about selling/parting it and just racing the duck.. I don't know.

·
Super Moderator
8,378 Posts
Make it MotoGP pretty and road legal.

If you already have a racebike, so much the better. I enjoy building a bike almost as much as riding it..

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
amullo said:
Make it MotoGP pretty and road legal.

If you already have a racebike, so much the better. I enjoy building a bike almost as much as riding it..

+1 the build is 1/2 the fun!

·
Registered
234 Posts
xr1owner said:
The only thing that was damaged was the bodywork... The thing is, I already have a full racebike (r1).... but I have thought about selling/parting it and just racing the duck.. I don't know.
Ok,im going to change my mind,make it pretty again since it was only the bodywork and you already have a very capable trackbike! Put that motoGp kit to use,i agree with the others now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.