Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have my bike in pieces and want to order a Canyon Dancer Bar harness.
Can someone measure the spread from bar end to bar on there ST3 for me?
Thanks

Dave

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,446 Posts
Mine are 32", but I have Cycle Cat risers and bar end sliders. YMMV.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Stock bars are 31 inches wide. I like the newer model canyon dancer with the plastic caps that fit over the bar ends. The older model is hard on your grips and will break the pins that keep your starter switch and turn signal switch from rotating on your handlebar.

·
Mr Leakered
8,816 Posts
Sorry, but I believe that you are asking for trouble using Canyon Dancers on an ST3. With all the reports of cracking on the bars, why risk it? It is very easy to loop ratchet straps, one each side, around the lower triple and down. No chance of cracking or marring anything.

Just my opinion.

Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I have a Canyon Dancer I bought in '07 to haul a buddy's '95 SS. I can attest to what others here have written about this particular model being tough on the handlebars. I now use short loop style straps that I wrap through appropriate front and rear frame members along with ratchet style tie downs. Works like a champ every time!!

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
I bought my ST3 in December of '11. It went into the back of my pickup and was secured using a borrowed older Canyon Dancer strap. No issues from Pennsylvania to North Carolina, no issues since.

I now have a newer Canyon Dancer strap but have only used it on other bikes.

I'd use it again, but I'll be even more careful after reading this thread.

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts