Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my 2010 SF from motoprimo in Lakeville,MN last yr. It was traded in by original owner. When I purchased it they were waiting to get the spare key and card from original owner, I took their word that I would get these items(I should've known better) so 9 months later I still dont have these items. But anyways does anyone out there by chance know who Used to have this bike??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Nice bike. That is just wrong. If they promised it to you they should make it right at their expense. If they couldnt get it from owner its unlikely you will on your own.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice bike. That is just wrong. If they promised it to you they should make it right at their expense. If they couldnt get it from owner its unlikely you will on your own.
Yeah, the dealer is claiming the only way is to put a new ignition in, which is NOT cheap.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Can't you get a key cloned ? I thought there are place that replicate the transponder and cut the key to make exact copied or you ? I had a friend who lost his that had it done. I'll ask him.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Wow I can't believe they are jacking you around like this! Hopefully they take care of you, and from now on hit up Ducati of Minneapolis in uptown. Those guys are great!! I had an excellent buying experience when I picked up a new M796 last Aug. and are always extremely helpful every time I'm up there.

·
svc.bmh.mc
190 Posts
I'm guessing the gang at Ducati Minneapolis would go out of their way to help you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm thinking Motoprimo can't easily clone your key without the card, but they should be able to get the info from Ducati especially since they sold you the bike and can prove you are the rightful owner.

If they can't/won't help you, then +1 for Ducati of Minneapolis. Those guys are outstanding. They've gone out of their way a couple of times to look stuff up for me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry to hear of your situation. I don't have a good answer for you, but it seems that if they can't get you what was promised then they should swap out the ignition at their expense.

I'm kinda surprised anyone deals with motoprimo anymore. For every one good thing I read online about that place I can find ten great reviews of Ducati Minneapolis.

Good luck!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts