Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm in need of some help for my 2014 Ducati Streetfighter 848. It seems like no matter how many times I bleed the slave and master clutch cylinders of my bike, that it always accumulates some air after only a couple of days. I noticed this happening when I have difficulty putting the bike into neutral, as well as when I'm in stop and go traffic (which requires having to pull the clutch in and out several times). The problem I'm having is the clutch doesn't seem to disengage, even the lever is fully pulled in and the bike keeps moving forward. I've already had the lever adjusted to the furthest position after this latest bleed, but the issue just came back after a few stops and goes. Should I explore replacing the slave and/or master at this point?

·
Registered
469 Posts
1. Push your left handle bar to the right to the stop
2. Bleed the Slave
3. Bleed the M/C
4. Check the seal inside the clutch reservoir

Hello all,

I'm in need of some help for my 2014 Ducati Streetfighter 848. It seems like no matter how many times I bleed the slave and master clutch cylinders of my bike, that it always accumulates some air after only a couple of days. I noticed this happening when I have difficulty putting the bike into neutral, as well as when I'm in stop and go traffic (which requires having to pull the clutch in and out several times). The problem I'm having is the clutch doesn't seem to disengage, even the lever is fully pulled in and the bike keeps moving forward. I've already had the lever adjusted to the furthest position after this latest bleed, but the issue just came back after a few stops and goes. Should I explore replacing the slave and/or master at this point?

·
Super Moderator
5,366 Posts
I'd check the system for a small leak. Pull the slave, anything back there look like it's leaking?

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Check stack height. Slave has limited travel so incorrect stack height will cause disengagement issues if the slave can’t move far enough to disengage the clutch. This is not the cause of air in the system, though. This topic pops up frequently on the forum so do your research. A new slave and correct bleeding will cure the issue half the time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I checked it into my mechanic for diagnostics and it looks like the master cylinder needs to be replaced. Any idea what causes this? And any recommendations on aftermarket parts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also discovered about a 1mm rip on the rubber boot in between the lever and the cylinder, could that be the issue?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I know you can't get Brembo repair kits in the UK. You need to get them from overseas to repair

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem with my 848SF so I replaced the bleed nipples on the master and slave cylinders and problem solved. The threads on the bleed valves stretch and wear over time especially if over tightened and air enters the system. Also over tightening causes the hole in the valve to compress as per the attached pic. I hope this helps.
[/QUOTE]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts