Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking that I'd love to have one of the new Duc Multistrada 1200's but I was seriously put off by the apparent maintenance costs.

I found that to keep your warranty valid, the first three scheduled maintenance checks and procedures must be done at a dealership shop. I know that there's a law that prevents dealers from denying warranty coverage etc. but I wouldn't want the hassles of fighting them about it and this requirement is stated right up front in writing in the Ducati warranty agreement.

Anyhow, I was talking to a Denver dealer about it and he said that they had an in-house service agreement that covers all costs of the first six scheduled maintenance visits for $2000. It's not transferable and it only works at their dealerships. Naturally, it doesn't cover consumables like tires, brake pads etc. Just the parts and labor required for the scheduled maintenance checks & adjustments - valve shims, coolant, brake fluid, gaskets, shop supplies, EPA disposal fees, stuff like that.

It sounded high at first, but it would cover the initial 600 mile service, then five of the succeeding 7500 mile services. It covers parts, labor, everything.

Sounds like a pretty good deal, but I wanted to get the opinions of some of you guys that have owned Ducs for a while and have a good idea about the actual maintenance costs before I bought it.

Any and all info/opinions/pros/cons will be VERY much appreciated!

Thanks,

John
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the poster and do not necessarily represent those of anyone else on this or any other forum - nor any other person from any country, planet, galaxy or universe - so don't get yer drawers in a bunch.

·
Beta Tester
1,957 Posts
if you kept the bike for 37,500 miles, then i think it would be a great deal. from what i've seen, those 7500 mile services run about 600-800 bucks each.......so you would be spending 3,000-4,000 bucks during those 37,500 miles without the service plan. if you don't keep the bike that long, then you'll never realize the savings.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you kept the bike for 37,500 miles, then i think it would be a great deal. from what i've seen, those 7500 mile services run about 600-800 bucks each.......so you would be spending 3,000-4,000 bucks during those 37,500 miles without the service plan. if you don't keep the bike that long, then you'll never realize the savings.
Yeah, the sales guy quoted those exact figures when we were talking. He said I'd probably end up spending about half of the going rate for the services. I'm guessing I'd put about 15,000 or more miles a year on it, so it seems like a pretty good deal.

Also, I'm guessing that if I ended up trading the bike in at that same dealership for a new one before I exhausted the original plan and bought the same service plan again, he'd give me some kind of credit for the portion I hadn't used, but who knows.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts. :)

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts