Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I gave up on 998R, 999R and 916sps/f that I posted last time. They were in the shops for too long time that I need to spend a lot of money to make them as what they were used to be.
So, here is what I am now struggling with.
I have a monster s4rs and Vespa gts 250. Monster was my first bike ever, and I have been having monster since so.(s2r 800 -> s4r -> s4rs) I use my scooter(vespa) for daily life and monster for fun on the weekend or tour with riding friends.
Somehow I happend to borrow 748 for a month, and I realized that I got to have a superbike if I want to ride ducati.
However, budjet is always the problem.
Local dealer of Ducati is offering very good trade deal both for my vespa and monster. If I let my monster go, I could buy 1198s or 1098r with 36 months payment of leasing program. If I let the scooter go, I could buy 848 or 1198 with leasing program.
Dealer would only take my s4rs if I buy much expensive model than monster.

So, I guess there are three options.
1. give up a superbike for now and start saving money for one.

2. dealer is giving very good deal on monster, so trade monster with 1198s or 1098R with extra money. (Vespa GTS 250 & 1198S or 1098R)

3. give up the scooter, and get 848.
(Monster S4RS and 848 with some mods.)

What would you do if you were me?
Buy the way, I live in Seoul, Korea. For those who do not know how it is in Seoul, it is almost as bad as Tokyo. Lots of traffic and people.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If I were you, I would definitely KEEP the Vespa for your daily commute. I've never been to Seoul, but I've been to Tokyo and that place is a traffic nightmare. Just what scooters were designed for! Now for the "toy". That really depends on you. How badly do you want the superbike? If you want one badly, trade in your Monster and get which ever one you like the most, looks prettiest, your favorite color. Between the two (1198S or 1098R) I don't think that you'll see much difference on the street, maybe on the track. The biggest limiting factor on most superbikes is the rider.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Think I'd skip the 1098R & 1198S. Like the other post said, you need to be at a track to really use the extras or seriously breaking the road rules. Keep the scoot - the 1098 range is a bit of a bummer in any traffic at all.

What about trade the monster for the 848 - or do you want to go straight to the power of the larger displacement?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts