Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
how much you lookink to spend? You can get a used OE replacement fairly cheap; usually ~$150 maybe less. I saw a 749R clamp (adjustable for 36/30mm offset) in the classifeds for $650. Or, you can find a set of 27mm offset triples used for about that price; new they're around $800-1000

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Top or bottom? I have a stock top for sale.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need a little education on what the difference will be between 27mm and 30mm for Showas.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Do a search for all the intimate details, but in a nutshell less offset = more trail which gives more front end feel and stability at the expense of steering effort. This mainly comes into play when you change the steering geometry around to the 23.5 degree head setting.

If you're just looking to replace the top clamp, then you need to stick to the stock 36mm offset. There are aftermarket clamps from a number of sources: Speedymoto, Nichols and Motowheels come to mind.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Go with the 27 mm offset! Your bike will handle great! I have the Duc Shop 27 mm offset triple clamp. Department of Suspension also has a 27 mm offset that looks nice.

Mike

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally wanted only the top to replace the slightly cracked one I have now. But, the more I think about it maybe it is worth going with both top and bottom. Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts