Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a rain cover for my 2004 ST3 with the paniers on the bike. Please share with me which make/model/size that you are using with your ST3.

·
Super Moderator
4,912 Posts
I find that the mirrors are the weak points when it comes to covering the bike. The cover has a tendency to apply too much pressure on them (I have one that has a mickey moused spring set up that makes it weaker than the other). Are you looking for a rain cover to be used during trips or something for storage at home? Reason I ask is that there are rain flys that pretty much cover your gauges, tank, and seat.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I find that the mirrors are the weak points when it comes to covering the bike. The cover has a tendency to apply too much pressure on them (I have one that has a mickey moused spring set up that makes it weaker than the other). Are you looking for a rain cover to be used during trips or something for storage at home? Reason I ask is that there are rain flys that pretty much cover your gauges, tank, and seat.
It would be for trips. I have a nice factory dust cover that was made for indoor storage.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,197 Posts
I find that the mirrors are the weak points when it comes to covering the bike.
Amen!

I've tried using a Dow Cover, but for those damn mirrors on springs. Who's the genius that came up with that one? I vote for a partial stretchy cover like Mike says. There's a company that makes them, but I'm forgetting the name right now. I've actually used a large contractor bag on occasion to just cover the gauges with.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Yorik - you might be thinking of Geza Gear for the stretchy sort of covers. Never had one myself, have seen them advertised for years.

·
Premium Member
5,608 Posts
Had a Geza cover for my old 900SSie. Loved it. Rolled up tight and fit under the seat. I used the cover daily when I lived in Hawaii and commuted to work. The bike sat out in the strong sun all day. I was more interested in UV protection than rain protection. Cover held up well for a few years of use. The only real issue was my concern with fitting it over the hot exhaust cans. I just wouldn't pull it down all the way. I don't think that would be a problem with the ST though, the cover would probably just cover the panniers and not contact the pipes anyway.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Geza offers covers for towing, storage and also UV protection as an option. I ride to work daily and have the half cover for my ZX11. On my 2nd one now. Works on the ST4s as well but doesnt cover the bags. They have em though that will. Pricey but good quality.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts