Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found a red, dead-stock, never raced 2011 1198SP with 1152 miles, never dropped, no blemishes that I can inspect personally if I want to for $18,999. They won't budge a cent on the price.

Sounds a little high to me for a used bike with the new Panis out (which I don't want), but it's take it or leave it. I did check the NADA value and it's only a few $$$ above their value for an "average" 2011.

Any and all advice/opinions very much welcome.

Thanks in advance,

John

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Probably a fair price considering the asking prices of the few for sale (I personally thought they would be $16-17k now). The SP is more comparable to an S Pani for special bits.

Next to the 1098R, it will be the bike to have from the 1098 family in the coming years. Maybe moreso, it has a standard engine, where rebuilding an R would cost quite a bit more.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I wouldn't pay that much without it being perfect and next to new.. That or just buy a used Pani for a couple k less..

I have never paid that much attention to nada or kbb.. The value is what they are selling for, not what they are listed for.

·
Bon Vivant
11,823 Posts
I personally like the 1198sp better than the pani and as someone else said; except for the R it is the bike of that generation to own.

I was offered a new leftover at $18,500 this summer and passed on it for the R. As far as I know there are no more leftovers available.

If the bike is perfect that's not a bad price, full retail was $22K. $18K would be a better price.
But if that's the bike you really want I might be inclined to bite the bullet for another grand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts