Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently (April 20th) crashed and totaled my last bike (First off in 25yrs) and in the process damaged almost all my gear, which totally saved me, by the way.

I've already purchased a new Arai Corsair (nothing fits my head better) but I need new street gear. I live in SoCal so most of my riding is in 70-105 degrees so ventilation is a must. Any good suggestions for ventilated leather jackets, gloves, boots. I've always liked Alpinestars and they have a new "Moto gp" line that looks pretty nice.

What does everyone use and recommend? I would like to do some track days this year as well so advise on track suits are also welcome.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
426 Posts
I just recently purchased my first "RevIt" product. It was a combination leather/mesh riding pant. It had very good breathability, and I'm seriously considering purchasing the matching jacket. This is not your traditional mesh...it is very tightly woven mesh. You should check out their website, and if you have an opportunity to try it on, I highly recommend it.

http://www.revit.eu/

Previous to that, I was wearing A* stuff. Very high quality as well...but RevIt has made me think twice...

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
I love all of my Dainese. I have tested it on the track and road. (by test I mean crashed) It works great! Highest quality.
Check it out at Moto wheels!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wear a TourMaster Intake Series 2 Jacket and love it here in SoCal. It has a super breathable mesh layer that is perfect for CA summers, a layer for warmth and a layer to keep out rain. Very easy to change in and out and very light.

That being said I have not crashed to 'test' the jacket!

·
Registered
132 Posts
You're going to get a lot of opinions on this one, but I'll also throw my hat in the ring on REVIT's gear. The stuff is very, very well made, fits amazingly well, super comfortable with zero restrictions on movement and the vented stuff is really great in the hot weather while still providing lots of protection. I've had a lot of gear, but I'm really impressed with REVIT's line.

I just picked up their new Turbine ventilated jacket and pants in black from beachmoto.com. Dennis over there is a great guy, super helpful and a Ducati owner as well. (No I don't work for him, but he went above and beyond to help make sure I was fitted right, and good customer service these days deserves a mention). You can also find a good discussion about REVIT's gear on Adventure Rider's website.

I don't have any experience with REVIT's track stuff, but it probably goes without saying that both Alpinestars and Dainese are worn by the pros - there probably isn't any higher endorsement than that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
jacket

I have an Alpinestars Stage Perforated and like the fit and air flow up to 80 degrees but keep in mind I'm in the NW. I think I'll try a textile ventilated jacket this season.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"I don't need no stinking gear!"

The Irony of me going to a doctors appt for my shoulder injury from my April 20th crash. This is what I see. Thank god I wasn't dressed like that when I went down. This guy is no brains and all biceps!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
426 Posts
The Irony of me going to a doctors appt for my shoulder injury from my April 20th crash. This is what I see. Thank god I wasn't dressed like that when I went down. This guy is no brains and all biceps!
Yup...your traditional douchebag...lots of those around here where I'm living...

·
Registered
865 Posts
If the A-star stuff fits you, go with that period... My reasoning is somewhat justified because they have an incredible dealer network and support all through the USA, they have great looking gear that is easy to resell, and if you ever need customer support they kick ass. I sent back a pair of gloves, GP Techs, almost 2 years old that the seam came apart on...they lent me a pair of gloves after I told them I was doing a track day and didn't have any other gloves to wear... then they repaired mine and sent them back... They have great stuff and most people carry them, plus good customer service...

·
Registered
152 Posts
So I recently (April 20th) crashed and totaled my last bike (First off in 25yrs) and in the process damaged almost all my gear, which totally saved me, by the way.

I've already purchased a new Arai Corsair (nothing fits my head better) but I need new street gear. I live in SoCal so most of my riding is in 70-105 degrees so ventilation is a must. Any good suggestions for ventilated leather jackets, gloves, boots. I've always liked Alpinestars and they have a new "Moto gp" line that looks pretty nice.

What does everyone use and recommend? I would like to do some track days this year as well so advise on track suits are also welcome.

Thanks!

In see you're in LA, so if you haven't already, stop by Beverly Hills Ducati. They have a pretty solid selection of Dianese products. I have one of the latest ventilated jackets and love it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In see you're in LA, so if you haven't already, stop by Beverly Hills Ducati. They have a pretty solid selection of Dianese products. I have one of the latest ventilated jackets and love it.
Thanks, I went by there today. A Good selection and nice girl that helped me out. Picked up a Dainese Air textile jacket and pant. Nice zip together combo. Not cheap but very nice. Also tried on several jackets. I have to say the Dainese stuff is worlds better in terms of fit, quality and comfort than anything I've ever tried on. Now I understand why their so expensive. I will likely pick up a perforated leather jacket too but right now I need to save the cash for all those mods I'm planning.

Thanks for the tip!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts