Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Ducati Monster 620 ie Dark
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2002 Ducati Monster ie620 Dark . Great Bike/Worst Bike
I've already spent well over 3 times what i paid for the bike, into repairs, now it's useless to sell, so i might as well fix it

Years ago,I went throught the fiasco of shipping my ECU to the US to get it flashed, because it stopped recognizing my key. SOS Diagnostics did it.
No Major problems for a few years,
now, My bike is running on one cylinder.

I don't do the repairs myself. My mechanic has been working uniquely on Ducati's for over 40yrs. He knows a lot and i trust him. He checked every possibility, and he's pretty sure it's the ECU, and one of the fuel injectors

Now i know buying a used one, gives me the same problem as i had, I would have to get the second hand ECU flashed.

Do they not make new aftermarket Virgin ECU's without this lame immobilizer issue?
My mechanic claims they do, but he has to do the research.

I've been asking him for 5 months now to find one and have my bike fixed, because spring is on it's way, and i wanted this dealt with, he seems to keep forgetting about me, i thought i'd look into it myself.

He says you can get then half price in England. Is this true? and why?

I need one where i could drop it into the bike and it will fire up. am i dreaming?

please help with your knowledge greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
second hand 59m ecu can be hard to find. if it is an early m620 it will need the 59m due to teh file required to run in it. if it has a clutch switch you can probably use a 5am which is physically more reliable, and easier to find s/h.

if you find a s/h 59m you could read the file out of your current ecu and flash it into the replacement 59m and it should be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts