Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My FIL keeps a 2002 Ducati Monster 620ie at my house and we're planning a trip to MotoGP at Laguna. He bought a set of Leo Vince High Pipes that I'm going to install for him.

My question is does the bike have to be remapped?? If so, does a dealer have a compatable map??

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Hey guys,

My FIL keeps a 2002 Ducati Monster 620ie at my house and we're planning a trip to MotoGP at Laguna. He bought a set of Leo Vince High Pipes that I'm going to install for him.

My question is does the bike have to be remapped?? If so, does a dealer have a compatable map??

Thanks,
Dave
Hey Dave,
I had an '03 620 Dark and added a set of low mount carbon slip-ons from Ducati Performance. The bike didn't need any adjustment to work correctly... but having said that I've never seen a bike (stock or modified) that couldn't be improved with a custom map!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

He doesn't have a PC on the bike but I didn't know if it could be mapped with the stock ECU at a dealer. I really doubt this bike will see a custom map on a dyno, but I know the he would want it to run prpoer with the new pipes.

My KTM 690SM can be mapped at the dealer for my aftermarket pipes. Can a Duc Dealer do that for the Monster??

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
272 Posts
unless you buy a power commander or a DP/aftermarket ECU, the dealer can only adjust fuel trim (basically adding or subtracting fuel by the same step over the entire range). It's not very precise but most of the time it can be enough to make the bike run fairly well. The adjustment is made at idle with the bike hooked up to an exhaust gas analyzer.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, Thanks Woody.

Because I'm not yet a Ducati guy (dreaming of a Hyper), about how much should that costs??

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
346 Posts
Figure on 1/2 to 1 hour labor, depending on the shop, to EGA your bike. And yes, it will make a decent difference even though it won't be as perfectly precise as a mapping with a PCIII or the DP ECU. If you do nothing, it is quite likely the bike will run a bit too lean with the LVs on. A little popping on deceleration will be your clue that it's lean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts