Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone!
I'm new to this site , and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on my situation (I will do a search later) I have a 2014 DMS
I've had the bike for a year bought it with 5800kms as it sat in his garage for a few years .
so here are my issues :
1) Modes don't kick in at all , servo doesn't react - there is NO errors showing on the dash, possible default settings that have to be changed ?
now when i hit the "mode" button and go into Sport, Touring etc. it jumps to fuel range and bypasses the settings .
2) Gear Position sensor , I think we all know this problem as its happening to me now.. hopefully i can pull it out clean the metal bits and reinstall .. will this work?
3) "Oil Service 12,000" is flashing yes Ive changed the oil .. can this be removed or am I forced to take it to the dealer ?

sorry for the repetitive posts ,

Thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hi NVDutchie,

Congrats on the new bike!
For issue number 1 above, I’m trying to remember how it was when I had the 2014, but I think you have to position it on the desired driving mode and hold the selection button for 3 or 5 seconds. Either the selection button or the “down” button below it. Suggest you to check the owners manual (in case it came with it or download it from the Ducati website). If I remember well the bike cannot be moving for this selection.

For issue n.2 it could be the case ofjust needing the reset the sensor. Do a search here in the forum, someone posted the step by step process and it’s pretty easy to do. No tools or disassembly needed.

For n.3 if you don’t have the right tools and cables (and don’t know anyone close to you that has) I think only a dealer can help.

cheers

·
Registered
76 Posts
For #1 you only need to use the turn signal cancellation (or "mode") button. Press it once to go into mode selection mode. Press it again to scroll through the modes and press it long (for a few sec) to select the desired mode. You can do it on the go just need to close the throttle after the selection to complete the switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For #1 you only need to use the turn signal cancellation (or "mode") button. Press it once to go into mode selection mode. Press it again to scroll through the modes and press it long (for a few sec) to select the desired mode. You can do it on the go just need to close the throttle after the selection to complete the switch.
Thanks for that Qumm !
I fully understand how to set modes , problem is its not functioning properly as the electronics dont "kick in"
not sure if its a sensor or the servo

·
Registered
815 Posts
Melcodiag will let you reset your service light and can also pull any error codes, which might shed some light.

The software is free, you just need a laptop and a set of cables. I went with the cable set from Lonelec.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts