Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,I'm new here and I've been a Ducati owner for about two years now and I hope you guys can help me.Today while riding my beloved 748 it left me stranded for the second time.I was cruising along,just out for a little sunday ride when it just died on me.First thought was timing belt had broken again,but when I got back home I checked the timing belts and they were OK.Then I turned the key on and noticed the fuel pump did not come on,so I investigated further and found I wasn't getting any spark from my plugs.The bike will turn over but it will not do anything else.Do you guys have any thoughts or suggestions?Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Swap the relays that are under the seat (black square thingys ;) ) they are identical. If your fuel system starts working, go buy a new one and install it. That's what I did at least. Also make sure the electrical connector under the tank is seated properly and the contacts look good. That should get you started at least.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,but I've already swapped the relays and nothing changed

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Sounds like a burned fuse to me.

Check the fuses and the electrical connections to the fusebox.

//amullo

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
The fuse for that is the 20A fuse that's also near those relays. Note that the relay, when it's "on", delivers 12V to the FI pump, and also the coils. So if your pump isn't getting 12V, neither are the coils, so you would see lack of spark.

The ECU energizes the relay. Make sure 1) the 20A fuse is good. 2) recheck the connector on the ECU. Unplug it, and make sure it's not full of moisture, and Make sure it's fully seated.
3) check the chip inside to make sure it didn't rattle out of the socket.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for helping me out.It was the fuse that's close to the relays.I thought I had checked all the electrics but I didn't even see that one.I was just happy it wasn't another broken timing belt.That little issue left me about 74 miles away from home.Anyway thanks to all for your help. :)

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Thanks for putting updating us! Sometimes we wonder if the problem ever did get fixed! Glad is was relatively easy, and I hope it doesn't haunt you. If it does, let us know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts