Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my cluster,ecu with dp mapping,keys, installed the parts and the bike fired up no problem cluster cycled like it's supposed to, all was good. It was raining so no ride.

After two weeks of holidays, rain and work I finally got a chance to take the bike out for a spin, bike fired right up, goosed the throttled a couple times, dropped it in gear bike went about 10 feet and lost power, pulled the clutch in added power released clutch same thing. i pulled bike into the garage, started it and every time I tried to hold the revs at 3k it would lose power and die.

Could this be an issue of running the dp mapping with a stock setup?

Bike smells like its running rich, could this be an issue with the mapping and the stock air box?

Looking for answers

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
First, did you reset the TPS?

It's a sensor on the left throttle body that tells the ECU how much the throttle is open. The ECU needs to be calibrated to it to allow the ECU to know what value to expect at closed throttle, open and therefore everything in between. When you swap ECUs it's a requirement.

If not, you will need to visit the dealer, or get VDST or a similar program and cables to set it up. It shouldn't be too expensive, as cables just need to be connected to a programmer, then a button hit with the throttle closed, and again while open, then the update is saved... It's pretty simple.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not know this.

I will look into the TPS re set, i think i remember a couple threads about this very subject.

Thanks

B

·
Unleaded caffeine please...
149 Posts
First, did you reset the TPS?
Winner winner, chicken dinner!!

Very same scenario with my ECU swap (among other things...)
Started and idled fine but add a little gas and goes limp.
Did TPS reset and all is well.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help.

I am waiting for the dealer to pick up my bike now.

I looked into doing it myself and would prefer to do it myself with the help of the ducatidiag website, the site was extremely confusing(I am not that smart, and confuse easily) I could not make heads or tails out of it, it appears you have to do an ECU dump? Then they send you the codes? The language barrier was an issue even with google translator.

Tow and reset should run 100$

B

1 - 5 of 5 Posts