Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've installed the Leo cat delete and the termi slip ons with ecu and filter. Since then the bike sounds amazing but noticed a few things lately. When I turn her on sometimes she shuts off alone after a few seconds then I try again and I get the same unless I give it a little rev then it'll stay on. Also I noticed 1st gear doesn't pull as hard it use to. Also a few times I reved it I heard a back fire from the filter side.

Just a bit concerned. Bike has only 400 miles on it. Is this normal?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Did u put the opened air box cover? And there is some kind of cloth covering the air box that needs to be cutt open at the new opening?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did u put the opened air box cover? And there is some kind of cloth covering the air box that needs to be cutt open at the new opening?
Sorry it's a 796. Yes I cut that cloth that was covering the new hole the new cover has.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1st I installed the cat delete. Bike ran amazing and felt like it reved faster. Then got the kit and put the ecu to see if there's a difference from the oem one as far as chugging. It felt even better. Once I installed the slip ons with out the db killers and filter I felt all sound no power and a bit weaker in 1st gear. I'm new to this hyper world so before the install I really never had to balls to give full throttle on first then throw second before it red lines. But now when I Gave full throttle it redlined without me feeling more pull than before.
maybe I have to give it a break or maybe break it in lol.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Have you tried putting the db killer back in? Some backpressure is good I think. Backpressure=low end performance, no backpressure=top end performance. Backfire on decel is a sign of a lean condition. Perhaps a fine tuning is in order to richen the mixture? Is it running hotter than it used to? Was all of this a matched "kit"?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you tried putting the db killer back in? Some backpressure is good I think. Backpressure=low end performance, no backpressure=top end performance. Backfire on decel is a sign of a lean condition. Perhaps a fine tuning is in order to richen the mixture? Is it running hotter than it used to? Was all of this a matched "kit"?
Haven't tried with the db killers in. Took them off before the install because I like the look of it without them in.

This is what I purchased...
http://store.proitalia.com/images/96456110B_Centralina-Siemen.jpg

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have the DP/Termi slip on kit as well. My 1100 runs cleaner and stronger on the low end with the DB killers in.......revs out better with them out. Some backfire (sort of depending on the weather/temperature) without the killers.......none with the killers in place.

I put them in when I ride around town and have to deal with the stop and go.

Still running on the lean side with the DP ECU. My plugs are very light tan.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
At first I thought maybe I got use to the power but then my brother got on without me telling him anything and he said "sounds good but doesn't pull in 1st gear like when it had the stock cans". I'll try to put the DB killers back in to see if it fixes up...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hmmmm, I'll start by saying that I am by no means an expert, but your symptoms sound almost like a timing issue?. I'm sure it could be something else, and hopefully somebody smarter than me can chime in, but timing is really my first guess.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Can you check to see that the ecu was installed correctly? It might be something as stupid as an improper connection.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have the DP/Termi slip on kit as well. My 1100 runs cleaner and stronger on the low end with the DB killers in.......revs out better with them out. Some backfire (sort of depending on the weather/temperature) without the killers.......none with the killers in place.

I put them in when I ride around town and have to deal with the stop and go.

Still running on the lean side with the DP ECU. My plugs are very light tan.
So tell me ,....how does one compare a 796 to an 1100? Do you think they are the same?

·
Registered
141 Posts
1st I installed the cat delete. Bike ran amazing and felt like it reved faster. Then got the kit and put the ecu to see if there's a difference from the oem one as far as chugging. It felt even better. Once I installed the slip ons with out the db killers and filter I felt all sound no power and a bit weaker in 1st gear. I'm new to this hyper world so before the install I really never had to balls to give full throttle on first then throw second before it red lines. But now when I Gave full throttle it redlined without me feeling more pull than before.
maybe I have to give it a break or maybe break it in lol.
From your explanation it sounds like your bike ran good until the slip on and filter install. Your bike may be running lean but I feel it may have something to do with the filter install. Did you totally remove the tank or just prop it up when changing the filter? You may want to look at all the connections especially any of the wires going to your coils. Also pay attention around the clamp that holds the tank down where the wire bundle runs under. It sounds like you are dropping a cylinder or it is intermittently firing. Also check your plugs and see if they look similar to each other and anything other than a medium tan color indicates your mapping is off. Good luck.

·
Registered
274 Posts
So tell me ,....how does one compare a 796 to an 1100? Do you think they are the same?
:rolleyes:

Two internal combustion engines built by the same manufacturer with the same modifications resulting in the same performance characterisitcs. There's enough correlation to warrant spending a few minutes sticking the DB killers back in and seeing if it makes a difference.

The more pertinent question is, how are they different?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Went through same situation ! Put db back in for back pressure .( I added 4 new holes and sounds perfect and still plenty back pressure. As far a decel pops sounds like your mid pipe and "y" connector pipes are leaking. Use some high temp "copper" rtv . I also have 2012 796 and this corrected all my issues

1 - 20 of 20 Posts