Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a replacement clutch for the burnt up Barnett. Stack Height is 38mm with no extra friction disks, the clutch will not disengage, even in neutral. I bled out the hydro clutch line and now cant get the lever to move at all (lever moves but not the clutch). I am planning on draining out the whole line and starting over, this is on a 97 900 ss. Any ideas what might be the issue? I can fool around with the plates, but at this point i would be removing friction disks, or swapping plates from the old.

Thanks again,

Phil

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Yes, you most likely installed the pressure plate incorrectly. It should have a reference mark on ONE of it's holes which matches up to the reference mark on ONE of the hub posts. Line 'em up, push down securely and reinstall the springs.

Beyond that then you're on the most likely track. Air in lines for some reason or stack height too tall.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pressure plate

had that lined up right, just wondering if there is any other causes?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Air caught in lines or maybe the master cylinder seals failed on you. Both my brake and clutch m/c seals failed at the same time a couple of years ago.

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
clutch

I once had the same problem. The likely problem for me was that the "shaped" plate from a new Barnett pack was a little too shaped. Tried a new clutch pack and could see a clear difference and it worked perfectly.

Not likely your problem, but it happened to me. BTW have you replaced your slave? If not, you've probably got a record setter.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
new slave

put in yoyodine today, seems to be working, clutch cover is real hot, wondering if I need another steel disc in the stack height? the height is 37.8 mm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts