Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just obtained a 916 monoposto rear fairing. It does not have the rear number plate. I know that there are no decals for the 996 because of the duct on the side. I plan to paint it on. Here is the problem. I am trying to find a template or guide for the plate so I can trace it on to the fairing. Does anyone know if one exists? Or I was wonderig if anyone is willing to trace outside edge of the the number plate on to a sheet of paper and send it to me. I am sure that I can arrange a gift card of some kind to any helpful fellow Ducati owner. Thanks
Mike in Richmond VA

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Honestly you are better off buying another tail on ebay with the factory number boards and selling yours. They aren't that much more expensive, the difference is certainly less than good paintwork and there will be no issues with it being a match, of course. It's a pet peeve of mine when I see "incorrect" number boards--rears that extend all the way down to the bottom edge, are poorly spaced or poorly pin-striped, and front boards that just extend straight up the sides or with bottom edges on the strip between the headlights.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hey now! I know you love my number plate! It's getting replace anyway...

Unfortunately my REAR will be wrong- it has the copper stripe and won't be the proper blue stripe now but oh well... ;)

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Wasn't directed at you Joe. :) And probably only 10,000 people in the world would know the difference anyway. Hey, maybe you should swap tails with the original poster and then you can get your blue stripes. :)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Look for a good Decal/Graphics guy who's done great jobs like decal wraps and huge billboards, not just cutting silly stickers. I'm sure they can do it.
If you're a good painter, just paint it. The decal guy can also pin stripe it.

I'd attempt to trace it for you, but I don't have an onion skin paper :p

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have just obtained a 916 monoposto rear fairing. It does not have the rear number plate. I know that there are no decals for the 996 because of the duct on the side. I plan to paint it on. Here is the problem. I am trying to find a template or guide for the plate so I can trace it on to the fairing. Does anyone know if one exists? Or I was wonderig if anyone is willing to trace outside edge of the the number plate on to a sheet of paper and send it to me. I am sure that I can arrange a gift card of some kind to any helpful fellow Ducati owner. Thanks
Mike in Richmond VA
The tail piece is small, and with some painters tape most anyone can tape off equal sized number plates. A wet sand and tape out, shoot a little white paint. You really do not need a template, at a 100mph no one is looking at the details, most anyone can tape a couple of number plates off....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts