Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
need advice on 1098 track build

Hello, I am new to the forum. Sold my RSV4 Factory track bike and looking to get 2007 1098 for track day duty. Do these bikes handle well right out of the box, or require a lot of work to handle well? No racing, just fast group at track days. Is throttle/fuelling smooth or tuning or ecu is required? Other than shock and forks upgrade does it need other mods like triples, linkage, etc? Basically what needs to be done for this bike to run and handle well?
Thanks.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I ran my 2007 1098S for about 7 years, A group track days, before I decided to do a TTX rear shock update, fork internals and a Nichols 30mm triple clamp.

I never had an issue with it before doing the mods, I just needed to do something to tinker with the bike.

It made the bike better, not night and day better, but better.

The bike doesn't need any fuel mods, I've now got a 1299 for track duty, but haven't had chance to ride it inn vengeance yet.

My Son now has my 1098, set back for street duty.

I'd say ride it a few times and then decide if you need to drop money into it...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply. The bike has about 4000 kms and I doubt any service has been done. Is service time dependent regardless of mileage?

·
Registered
869 Posts
If you think it hasn't been serviced, I'd get the belts replaced as a matter of preventive maintenance at a minimum, they have a service life based upon miles as well as age.

Chances are they are fine, but I did have a rear cylinder belt fail on my 900SS and it gets expensive...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turns out the bike has a slipper from 1098R installed. Is this slipper clutch any good, or should I replace it with an aftermarket clutch?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts