Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ciao everybody,
I had installed the termi kit to my GT1000 but now I need to come back to original parts(I am going to sell the bike for a new ducati monster1100 :D).
I had no problem installing the pipes,the airbox and O2 sensor but the stock ecu seems not to be recognized..the engine doesn't start and the yellow light wont turn off,I tried also to pair it with the red key but...nothing happened!
I bought my second hand gt1000 with the kit on and the stock ecu has never been installed by me...Am I wrong with something?maybe it is for another bike?I read on it a white sticker "GT1000DUCATI037(Eu,UK) and on the other side A bar code and
IAW 5AM.BS 61600.262.04
IAW 5AM.BS/HW610/2219-DD07
999 DUCATI020
Many many thanks for your help
Marco

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Ciao everybody,
I had installed the termi kit to my GT1000 but now I need to come back to original parts(I am going to sell the bike for a new ducati monster1100 :D).
I had no problem installing the pipes,the airbox and O2 sensor but the stock ecu seems not to be recognized..the engine doesn't start and the yellow light wont turn off,I tried also to pair it with the red key but...nothing happened!
I bought my second hand gt1000 with the kit on and the stock ecu has never been installed by me...Am I wrong with something?maybe it is for another bike?I read on it a white sticker "GT1000DUCATI037(Eu,UK) and on the other side A bar code and
IAW 5AM.BS 61600.262.04
IAW 5AM.BS/HW610/2219-DD07
999 DUCATI020
Many many thanks for your help
Marco
If the stock ECU is not from your bike originally, then you have a problem…

I would contact a dealer nearby and discuss what to do…

Maybe it can be reset to fit!

·
Registered
323 Posts
you paired it as in:

red key (on-off)
black key (on-off)
second black key (on-off)
red key (on-off)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you paired it as in:

red key (on-off)
black key (on-off)
second black key (on-off)
red key (on-off)
Ciao,
I tried to paired as described on the manual
- Insert the red key (3) in the ignition switch (4).
- Turn the key to the ON position to switch on the instrument panel. The instrument panel multifunction display will show the number of keys inserted (“1” in this case) and start a countdown from 30 to 0.

but when turned the key to ON I could not see the n°1 and the countdown...
so I stopped.
I have contacted a Ducati dealer but they said if the stock ecu doesn't work it is very possible it is not MY BIKE ecu...they said also that if the DP ecu has been paired it will not works on other bikes...what to do?:(

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I have contacted a Ducati dealer but they said if the stock ecu doesn't work it is very possible it is not MY BIKE ecu...they said also that if the DP ecu has been paired it will not works on other bikes...what to do?:(
This is the problem!

If the DP ECU was paired using the red key, it will only function with this bike…

that's why my dealer told me not to use the red key at all…

To avoid additional costs, maybe it is better to sell the GT with the Termi Kit

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the problem!

If the DP ECU was paired using the red key, it will only function with this bike…

yes...I was thinking which stupid guy in ducati has paired my dp ecu??
my dealer told me also it is enough to turn to on the red key one time and it is paired with ecu ...unbelievable!
Or I will sell the bike with stock pipes + dp ecu and the termi's pipes alone...and I will place the stock ecu on my bedside table...

·
Registered
323 Posts
This is the problem!

It is my understanding that the DP ecu will not work without pairing to the bike. Your key, ECU, and gauges have to be paired to start the bike.

When I got my Termi kit, I was told to turn the red key on and off, followed by both black keys in the same manner, concluded with the on/off of the red key again. This is how I had to pair the new ECU to the rest of the security system.

It would be my assumption that you could change back to your other ECU with the same method.

As I am sitting here thinking tho. It would seem possible that the ECU is shipped "unpaired" and your first pairing is the final pairing.

Just sell it with the Termi's or change the exhaust back to the stock if the buyer wants and just omit the O2 sensor. The DP should be able to be tuned to that exhaust.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I got my Termi kit, I was told to turn the red key on and off, followed by both black keys in the same manner, concluded with the on/off of the red key again. This is how I had to pair the new ECU to the rest of the security system.

It would be my assumption that you could change back to your other ECU with the same method.
during the pairing procedure did you see the countdown and the prog.number of the key ?or you just turn on and off the keys(red-black1-black2-red)?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
It is my understanding that the DP ecu will not work without pairing to the bike. Your key, ECU, and gauges have to be paired to start the bike.
That's not what I was told. I was told that, if the ECU was not paired to the bike, the immobilizer will not work. I'm not saying who is right - the people who told you or the people who told me - only that there are different stories out there.

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You say that like it's a bad thing.

It's not. ;)
maybe...bike for baaad girrrrls :D
Anyway,do somebody knows if the pairing procedure is simply:turn on and off the red key,on/off the 1black key,on/off the 2black and again on/off the red key?or it is as described in the manual(so I have to see the countdown and the prog.n° of the key inserted?..in my case I cannot see any countdown turning on the red key...)
Thanks
Marco

·
Registered
622 Posts
Don't know the pairing procedure, but I've also been told that the ecu will still run without being paired. I believe this is true at least for the DP ecu and probably for the stock ecu as when I had the DP ecu installed (from time of posession) the dealer did not pair it. It runs perfectly fine. My guess is the stock ecu would be the same in this respect.

Sorry I can't confirm 100% on the stock ecu.

If you sell the bike with stock exhaust and DP ecu/airbox I'm sure someone will buy the termi pipes off you. Gotta be someone out there that's wadded their pipes on the GT.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts