Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I just installed a speedymoto triple on my bike. All seems ok with it, much better riding position but I am having an issue with the handle bars hitting the gas tank when in full lock. I am sure this not the way was designed.

what is the function of this red piece?

·
Registered
956 Posts
One function is for the lock, on mine (different brand but some piece essentially) it allows the lock to have no play...some have complained it actually stops the lock from working, but not mine.

Not sure what elese it does though...

·
Registered
185 Posts
sounds like you have your bars turned back more than originally, this is just the top clamp right? if you like the bars their then you need to turn in your steering stops to gain the clearance needed
turn them in to far though and your steering lock wont work

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds like you have your bars turned back more than originally, this is just the top clamp right? if you like the bars their then you need to turn in your steering stops to gain the clearance needed
turn them in to far though and your steering lock wont work
Thank you, I really like where the bars currently are located. Where are the steering locks located? sorry if this is a stupid question.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Does the SM triple clamp have retaining holes to accept the locating pins in the clip on clamps? This probably doesn't relate, but when I changed my 999 to FBF clipon risers they still hit the tank on just w/ the left side switch gear.
Can you rotate the switch gear? You'll have to break off the locating pin in this, but it might gain you some clearance if all else fails. You just have to tighten down the switch gear to keep it in place w/o the pin.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Thank you, I really like where the bars currently are located. Where are the steering locks located? sorry if this is a stupid question.
It's the little slightly green thing, opposite your arrow, just above the allen bolt securing the key guard - there's just one.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no, the steering stops are on the lower tripple. allen head bolt with a jam nut.
I was looking for it yesterday but couldn't find it; I didn't look around the lower triple though. are these just two bolts that stick out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts