Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hii all...

i am tuning a ducati 999r fila edition to work fully standalone ignition and fuel setup and i've good reads from sensors and i have also a good spark but i need to know the order of the tooth when the first cycl. is on power stroke (btdc) as when i count it ,it appeared to be the 6th tooth but when i adjust the trigger offset at the tuning software to 45 degrees (360\48=7.5, 6th.tooth*7.5=45) it didn't start so i need to know at which angle it gives the first firing order in other words the firing intervals in degrees to make the module knows the engine at which stroke and i have set the advance between the 2 cylinder 90 degrees so the two cylinders works on the right order but it miss fires due to firing at different stroke because the firing angle is not right, so it will be a great help to know at which tooth in the crank angle wheel gives the proper spark

Best Regards....

·
Registered
265 Posts
cant help with number one but my understanding is not 90 degress like hd but 270degress
hth

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cant help with number one but my understanding is not 90 degress like hd but 270degress
hth
yes it's oddfire small angle is 270 degree but the software calculate it like that it's 90 oddfire so 360 degrees of rotation-90 degree of the engine's crank so it's 270 degree difference between each cylinder but the problem is the tooth order in the crank angle wheel at which it fire the coils

thanks alot for your concerning

Best Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts