Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I own Duc 999S 2003 bought it original back in 2003 from dealer. My bike got around 6500 miles on it. The problem is right now my bike on the odo voltage show 15.6 sometime 15.4 it seem sooo high. I check all the fuse and they were fine. Any suggestion would help me a lot. also when i touch the battery it seem soooo hot. it just start to happen last month. Thank you in advance for the help -Jay-

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Grab a voltmeter and check the battery and see if the gauge is right. Batteries get hot after using them.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Hi everyone

I own Duc 999S 2003 bought it original back in 2003 from dealer. My bike got around 6500 miles on it. The problem is right now my bike on the odo voltage show 15.6 sometime 15.4 it seem sooo high. I check all the fuse and they were fine. Any suggestion would help me a lot. also when i touch the battery it seem soooo hot. it just start to happen last month. Thank you in advance for the help -Jay-
15.6 v is very high. get a voltmeter and check it. it's more acurate.
battery should be warm to hot, but not too hot. Too much heat, it's not a good sign.

·
Registered
211 Posts
one possibility could be a messed up battery. yes, they will show high voltage when faulty . more likely though , you've got one messed up voltage regulator.this could overcharge your battery causing it to heat up . in my experience , ducati regulators work in the 13 v to 14.1 range . i had one regulator go up in the 15v+ range causing all kinds of problems , including a very hot battery and one check engine light coming on .

·
Registered
270 Posts
A bad regulator will show 15+ volts, battery will run hot and boil the water till the battery is dry. Easy fix, just add money and make sure the new reg is getting a good source of cool air. Do it soon, before it takes other electronics with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts