Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just bought a beat up 2005 749 which I am currently stripping. It has a termignoni exhaust and I need some help identifying if its the full or half version. Also I was wondering what exactly is the difference between the 54mm and 57mm and which one of those applies to this exhaust.
If anyone needs some parts off of it let me know.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
base model exhaust. no cat in horizontal pipe (long one) and no cat in the muffler. this is the first and least expensive of ducatis performance exhaust offerings.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, but I am not sure if I completely understand. Do you mean base as in stock exhaust or base as in a slip on termi that is the most basic?
The can is stamped "For Racing Only" as well.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Stock: cat in horizontal pipe, cat in muffler. Restrictive baffles in muffler.
DP1: Called the asymmetrical system. no cats and straight through muffler. This is the system you have.
DP2: Called a full system. 54mm pipes equal length with straight through muffler.
DP3: Called a full system. 57mm pipes equal length with straight through muffler.
All the performances systems have "for race use only".

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stock: cat in horizontal pipe, cat in muffler. Restrictive baffles in muffler.
DP1: Called the asymmetrical system. no cats and straight through muffler. This is the system you have.
DP2: Called a full system. 54mm pipes equal length with straight through muffler.
DP3: Called a full system. 57mm pipes equal length with straight through muffler.
All the performances systems have "for race use only".
Thank you, this clears up a lot.
Just a couple of other things to make sure I am 100% clear. What about what is referred to as a termi slipon, is that the asymmetrical system that I have or is that just a slip on can. Also the 54mm size I am assuming that refers to the diameter of the larger pipe coming out of the exhaust right? In the asymmetrical system is the larger pipe a 54mm and the smaller pipe stock size?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Based on my research this one should come with an ECU as well, so I should sell it with the ecu from the bike right?

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Asymmetrical system was loosely called a Termi slip on. It's called asymmetrical as the rear pipe is a different length and diameter compared to the front. They were never referred to by any number. The 54 and 57 full system is the pipe diameter from head to muffler. Both front and rear pipes are the same length and diameter all the way through.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts