Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Need to know which distance do you have as standard between the top of the bars and the upper yoke in your st3s In the manual I have is not described for the S version
My mechanic says mine is super high, and i'm driving the bike like a custom bike with ape hangers ;)

Thank you in advance

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Standard is with the bar riser up against the top triple.

·
19,081 Posts
I have Heli bars, but they mount the same as stock. Here you can see that I've got mine lowered about 1/2". They can only be raised up until it hits the top triple and that's all you can do.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha, it's my fault, sorry, english is not my mother language...

¿Is the top of the bar in the same height of the upper triple yoke?
Is the point marked as H at the same level of the upper ......?

·
19,081 Posts
haha, it's my fault, sorry, english is not my mother language...

¿Is the top of the bar in the same height of the upper triple yoke?
Is the point marked as H at the same level of the upper ......?
Everything in the picture is correct for the stock setting from the factory. The handlebar riser is as high as it can go. Your H is pointing to the top of the fork tube. Yes the front can be lowered by pulling the fork tubes up so that they protrude more above the top yoke. You can see in my picture that mine s raised by a couple of mm. I would not suggest this though. It's better to raise the rear rather than lower the front in most cases.

·
Registered
355 Posts
As DuckMan said, the standard position for the handlebars is touching the top clamp as shown in your photo.

That doesn't mean you need to keep them there. It's quite easy to loosen the 2 pinch bolts on the bar risers and slide them up or down to suit your physique or riding style.

Just be sure not to over tighten the pinch bolts (10Nm +-5%), alternately snugging them up first, as the risers are prone to cracking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts