·
Excel Addict
5,244 Posts
Try here from the Hall of Wisdom.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the link Punch ? but unfortunately it doesn’t have the all the info I need, I’m trying to confirm that the bike is an sps , it has everything showing that it is an sps but some people are questioning that it’s not so just trying to confirm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The letters that I have left unmarked I’m unsure of as the decoder only gives an example and some of the examples don’t add up , example, 5th letter (P) it says 900 elephant

·
Excel Addict
5,244 Posts
Apparently you can contact Ducati in Italy and they can tell you from the VIN exactly what you have.
Maybe also Fraser Motorcycles or NFI both here in Oz.
That would all depend on who has access to the records whilst we are not working normally.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On another site they are saying that sps has a 4th digit as (3) and not (1) doesn’t make sense to me because sps was delivered as a registrable road bike , number (3) on decoder means off round race bike

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
2 points:

1/ ignore any shit that is not au specific. it does not apply. simple.

2/ there is no au specific info anywhere that i have ever seen. ask nf importers, they'd be the only ones who can tell you exactly what it is.

that vin is different to a 996 in one letter, and is consistant with all the pre 01 sps style vin i have on my customer records.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts