Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all looking at changing pegs on the MTS 1200. I have looked around and there seams to be 2 types. One is flat and larger than stock the other is round like what i had on the 848.

I dont do any dirt so wont be standing on them. Do the round ones feel the same as the larger flat ones?

Whats the advantage or one or the other?

If you have after market ones can you please post some pictures.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Try Oberon. they have a good selection of after market pegs. If you are going to change just your pegs, u should not get the touring but the sport ones. Otherwise the factory pegs should be sufficient. The sport pegs just grip your boots better for more aggressive riding.

·
Registered
692 Posts
You might consider these(Giles) from Shift Tech. Excellent quality.

Shift-Tech Carbon - ST223 RCT10GT-D01BS- BLACK/SILVER ADJUSTABLE PEG SET Strada1200

This adjustable version is available in the flat "dirt bike" peg or round sport bike.

I've been messing with how to have enough foot room and to stop dragging the edge of my boots. These are adjustable enough that after only one ride...they seem to be the answer(along to a change I made in the exhaust hanger bracket).

I prefer the round peg because I ride the MTS like a sportbike and it's easier to get my feet up. But...all that's personal preference.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yer Buckeye thats the one that im looking at. There seams to be cheaper ones out there but the shift tech one has more adjustments. And shift tech do have the name for quality. I had plenty of there gear on the 848.

Thanks all off to get so round pegs.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Yer Buckeye thats the one that im looking at. There seams to be cheaper ones out there but the shift tech one has more adjustments. And shift tech do have the name for quality. I had plenty of there gear on the 848.

Thanks all off to get so round pegs.

Remember that Guido offers 10% off and free shipping to forum members!:yeah:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I may try the CNC racing ones (dirt bike style) and see how they compare...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts