Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just did the airbox mod on my 796, just went with the 2 inch hole on top. When I put it back together, I didn't re-install the fuel cell blanket over the airbox. My question is do you even need the fuel cell blanket? It seems as though the blanket restricts way too much. any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, a simple "no" would have saved us both a lot of time. btw the search engine is terrible on this site, i think everyone knows that tho

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I cut a hole on mine right over the opening . Now u need to put a hole in the bottom . Makes quite a difference !!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I had planned on it, until I talked to Dave at Redline and he told me its just a waste of time. But maybe I will later if I get bored, i'll have a reflash ecu, leo vince cat delete, and 14t front sprocket. Im hoping she will be able to wheelie in 3rd. :eek:

·
Registered
757 Posts
I cut a hole on mine right over the opening . Now u need to put a hole in the bottom . Makes quite a difference !!
Did you cut the bottom hole with the airbox still on the bike or did you remove it first. 2" hole top and bottom?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts