Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a silly crash at a local track day my friends Bimota YB8 needs a new fairing. Of course the factory don't has one anymore. So any hints?:(

·
Registered
339 Posts
You could give airtech-streamlining a call, they don't have the YB8 listed, but it may be possible they have the molds for it somewhere, they have almost everything.

·
Registered
168 Posts
fairing

got complete YB9 SRI set plus extra boddy cover.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Years ago I also had a silly crash on my yb8, I repaired it with a fiberglass repair kit and body filler. I had an autobody paint supply shop computer scan the paint and color match it.
The b and exup grapics were done by a local decal shop and the entire thing was painted over with clear. Looked great when done, nobody could tell. Here's an after pic. Yes, those are carbon saxon wheels back in 1995.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Air tech did recently list dieci fairings as being available. My YB 8 wears this bodywork - it is an easy fit. One potential change to be mindful of is that the clip ons mount above the top triple clamp with the dieci body fitted. The benefit is that the bike is arguably more comfortable to ride.
Good luck with your search !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts