Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some DR Desmo 1" Bar risers and foot peg lowering plates for my 98 ST2, but,...no fasteners. Can someone tell me what I ned for each? Should I go with Stainless like Dr Desmo specs,...or would Grade 8 be a better choice?

Also,...Is there something that I need to relocate the brake light switch?

BC in Austin

·
Registered
466 Posts
Lowering foot pegs...

Howdy, pardner. I don't know how it will be on your 98 ST, but lowering the footpegs on my 2006 ST was a much bigger deal than I thought it would be.

Lowering the pegs was the easy part. Adjusting the foot controls was a nightmare because Ducati hadn't designed the linkage (on shifter OR brake) to accomodate. I had to replace my shift linkage with a rod from a 999 ($160); I adjusted the brake as much as I could (not much) and purchased another brake pedal with a moveable peg - it's still not perfect, but close enough that I can actually ride it safely.

I guess over there in Bologna everyone is exactly the same size and has exactly the same riding preferences...why bother to make anything adjustable? I bet the designers/engineers don't have erasers on their pencils, either. :confused:

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
I have some DR Desmo 1" Bar risers and foot peg lowering plates for my 98 ST2, but,...no fasteners. Can someone tell me what I ned for each? Should I go with Stainless like Dr Desmo specs,...or would Grade 8 be a better choice?

Also,...Is there something that I need to relocate the brake light switch?

BC in Austin
As for the the riser fastener size and length, remove one of your stock ones, measure it and get 4, 1 inch longer than you have.
Stainless will be fine or zinc plated 8.8

Can't help on the footpegs, I haven't heard of anyone succesfully doing this easily.

Craig

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've gotta laugh at myself a bit on that one..............thanks for explaining what should have been obvious Craig................."Doh!"

As for the the riser fastener size and length, remove one of your stock ones, measure it and get 4, 1 inch longer than you have.
Stainless will be fine or zinc plated 8.8

Can't help on the footpegs, I haven't heard of anyone succesfully doing this easily.

Craig

·
Registered
725 Posts
not so quick there cowboy

Hold up just a minute, on my 2003 ST4s that process wont work with my 1 inch bar risers.

The DR Desmo has a 7.5 degree swept back position that I am forced to use because the std position causes interference with the fairing, no bending the brackets that hold the brake and clutch fluid master cylinders does not suffice.

so to use the 7.5 degree position requires (2) 25 mm and (1) 40 mm bolt for each side.

I've gotta laugh at myself a bit on that one..............thanks for explaining what should have been obvious Craig................."Doh!"

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hold up just a minute, on my 2003 ST4s that process wont work with my 1 inch bar risers.

The DR Desmo has a 7.5 degree swept back position that I am forced to use because the std position causes interference with the fairing, no bending the brackets that hold the brake and clutch fluid master cylinders does not suffice.

so to use the 7.5 degree position requires (2) 25 mm and (1) 40 mm bolt for each side.
I'm glad it's not just me. I figured I was doing something wrong as they were on the bike when I got it and it wasn't obvious that what I did was the right way to reduce the sweep. So it is just swap L to R and turn over, then?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have seen that pic. Its actually why I posted my query, because the risers I have dont look like that pic. They have a note at the bottom of that pic that "actual item may vary from pic". Guess I have to take a pic of mine and post it.

In this photo they show 4 bolts the same size and a basic spacer?

http://www.drdesmo.com/st24rise.htm

Craig

·
Registered
725 Posts
In this photo they show 4 bolts the same size and a basic spacer?
[/url]Craig

In that photo (my risers are different) they are showing the two bolts for each side that attach the handlebars to the risers,

They're not showing the stock ones that bolt from the triple clamp to the risers.

·
Registered
725 Posts
So it is just swap L to R and turn over, then?
I believe that is correct. I had mine flipped, cheucked, torgued and cursed.

The std position was not working, forcing the 7.5 degree sweepback.

My risers have 3 holes each, the one on the paperwork I got with it had about 6 on each riser, looking at the accomping paperwork made no sense.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts