Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
most places i have already checked (typical cheap key copying places, walmart. home depot, and a locksmith near UCR have had problems with the ke not fitting the machine, the locksmith said they could not get that type of blank )

this is an older bike, 2002 model year, it it does'nt have that immoblizer chip like in the newer cars and bikes (found through searching on here only problem most guys were having had to do with red and black keys not having the right chip? or something)

it shouldn't matter for mine its an older style key. not that CNC or laser cut key style.

also cheaper is better (don't need any ducati performance/corse badging)

^ student on a budget :p

*also the nearest ducati dealership is on the greater part of a 100 mile trip (if i remember correctly) which i believe is named "beverly hills ducati" or something to that extent.

·
Registered
792 Posts
If you already have a blank, there should be no problem finding someone to cut the key, there's nothing special about it. If you don't have a blank, a quick phone call and $10 will get you one in an envelope from just about any dealer.

Also, I have heard that some Kawasaki key blanks will work in some Ducati keyways.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I purchased two from eBay from seller ( vizzpa ) the guy is British or Australian not sure but a GREAT BLOKE. They were not the OEM Ducati ones but an aftermarket Clone with the chip in it. The even told me the types of coders he uses and what to ask for from the key maker. Got them, Took it to a key shop that had a code machine and walked away 10 minutes later with working keys.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies, i would rather not deal with ebay stores ( bad expereinces in the past)

did you guys know which model kawasaki keys worked? older ninjas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts