Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

First time wrenching on my 2002 ST4S. I checked the oil mesh, torqued it to 42Nm, and went to replace the plug (yep, I put a new crush washer on). I read the spec from the Service Manual for the "Mesh filter pipe plug" (I assume that's the same thing). It says 20Nm, with a Note saying, "Lock 5 or Three Bond 1375B."

I don't know what "Lock 5" is, but internet says Three Bond 1375B is the same as Locktite Blue, which I have lots of.

One, is that true? Two, do I really need it?

Thanks,
Aram

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
Just use a little clean oil on the threads same as you would the drain plug and oil filter gasket. I've never used any thread lock on those parts. 20NM on that outer plug is enough. Next time you go to take it off, it is going to seem very tight.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just use a little clean oil on the threads same as you would the drain plug and oil filter gasket. I've never used any thread lock on those parts. 20NM on that outer plug is enough. Next time you go to take it off, it is going to seem very tight.
Thank you, much appreciated.

Safe riding,
Aram

1 - 4 of 4 Posts