Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who makes racing boots in wide sizing? I have been having a very hard time trying to find boots that will fit a 7 1/2 wide foot.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Frey Daytona Security Evo from Helimot.

Click the pic.

Or... Evo Sports.

But as you can see... they ain't cheap.;)

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Dainese makes a very nice race boot:

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=773%7CDainese%20Collection&productID=4593&showDetail=1&categoryID=774|Boots&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=773%7CDainese%20Collection

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
They don't come in wide sizes but my AGV race boot fit me, and I typically buy wides. I've got a pair of Sidi Vertigo Corsa boots on order, they should be here in a few days.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So Sidi and AGV? I'll have to check them out. I was hoping to get a pair this May for around 2bills. Thanks for the help! I'll let you know.

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
I haven't tried on the Sidi, so it's just a guess. The ones I'm getting are closer to $4 bills. The AGV's can be had in the $200 or less range. You might also want to check out Alpinestars, my street boot fit great.

Happy hunting

·
Registered
148 Posts
You will likely have to search for a brand that fits the best. I do not know of any specific E or wide size boots. Most are Euro spec and so just look for the correct range.
Sorta like buying ski boots and to some extent even sneakers. I cannot wear Nike cause they are just too narrow overall for me. My L foot is almost a half size wider than R.
I have Alpinstars S-MX Plus and they feel great.
Check out the comments here on the S-MX R
http://www.newenough.com/alpinestars_smx_r_boots_page.htm.

Also I wear a sock that is designed for a winter ski boot. They are thin, breathable and durable with heel and toes reinforcements.

Ride safe

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys!! I placed a call to AGV Sport to see what their return policy was and they were extremely helpful so I went ahead and ordered the AGV Sport Sebring 2s. They should be in by the end of the week. I'll let you know how they fit!! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
Let me know how these fit. I've got a 4E width foot, so just use some Red Wing steel toed work boots. Can't get into much else.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the boots and they fit great!!!! The foot is very comfy and even the uppers are big enough for my cankles! Love the way they look too. If I were to do it different I would have done the red ones, but hey ya can't match too much!! Good price, good look! Two thumbs up for me!

·
Registered
178 Posts
For people with wide feet, try the Gaerne GR-S. They are awesome boots and still completely made in Italy (as opposed to Alpinestars or SIDI). I've had 3 pairs of Alpinestars and 3 pairs of SIDIs before this. I now have the Gaerne GR-S in white and they are great and very comfortable.

I also have a pair of Frey-Daytona Security EVO and while they offer incredible protection, they are not as wide as the Gaerne's and not as comfortable for me.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
spalding12 said:
Those look good.

Are there different models of this boot? as I've seen them advertised as just Vertigo (not Vertigo Corsa), and considerably cheaper than $395, is this the same boot or similar with a different spec, as I'm now in the market for some new boots after the zipper on my A/Stars broke :(

Funny thing is the left A/star broke as I was getting kitted up for a ride so I got out my 'retired' Daytonas (crashed in - scuffed right boot) only to find that the right boot now has a hole in it - due to some battery acid when the battery broke in the crash but which I washed off at the time and thought that they were OK. So I had to go out with odd boots on which although perfectly functional does look a bit 'odd' :)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
moomba said:
For people with wide feet, try the Gaerne GR-S. They are awesome boots and still completely made in Italy (as opposed to Alpinestars or SIDI). I've had 3 pairs of Alpinestars and 3 pairs of SIDIs before this. I now have the Gaerne GR-S in white and they are great and very comfortable.

I also have a pair of Frey-Daytona Security EVO and while they offer incredible protection, they are not as wide as the Gaerne's and not as comfortable for me.
I don't have a necessarily wide foot..and I love my GR-S's...am thinking very seriously about getting a second pair...my pair is a 1st generation with the previous incarnation of buckle closure....I saw a display of the new closure and it looks to be the dogs bollocks in terms of long term usability moreso!...I'll be looking for a good deal on em VERY soon!

·
Registered
403 Posts
DukeDesmo said:
Those look good.

Are there different models of this boot? as I've seen them advertised as just Vertigo (not Vertigo Corsa), and considerably cheaper than $395, is this the same boot or similar with a different spec, as I'm now in the market for some new boots after the zipper on my A/Stars broke :(
Sidi makes the extremely good Vertigo and the even better Vertigo Corsa. Vertigos retail for around $275, Vertigo Corsas for $395. The Corsa adds the full exoskeleton ankle brace all the way down the side of the foot and the ratcheting strap across the top of the foot to the other features found on the regular Vertigo. Plus the Corsa gets a couple of little trick bits like the carbon fiber shin plate and ceramic toe sliders. Or, you might still be able to find a few Vertebrae 2's (the predecessor to the Vertigo) from some places for a little less than the Vertigos.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wide boots

ONE word: AlpineStars.
I ordered 2 sets of boots at the same time, Sidi B-2 and AlpineStars something-or-other. Checked the size charts and both said I needed 9 US 43 Euro.
The Sidi fit my rather narrow foot fine, but I imagine that AlpineStars is much more what you're looking for. REALLY WIDE.

·
comrade moderator
26,798 Posts
Oxtar!

I've used pretty much all of the above and more lo these many years, and my new favorite is Oxtar. I'm impressed with the entire line. Comfortable, very well made, and priced right! I'm just not paying for Alpinestars' or Sidis' endorsement riders' gear.I've used the street boots almost daily for a year and a half now, perfect. No problems, and they fit my semi-wide feet better than anything else I've tried. The race boots are wonderful as well...highly recommended!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts