Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi i have a red 1998 748 with 3xxx mls. and its the biposto but i also have the monoposto tail ,bike has giocomoto carbon fiber exhaust and pegs and wheels were powder coated in gold body its in pretty good shape and i also have the pitbull rear stand............now the bad
the bike its been seating for the last 6-7 years last time i ride it it ran really rugh, and power was comming on and off (i was only like 3 miles from home) i was going to take it to the dealer but never did then i thought about it might be cheaper and easier to do the 916 swap but didnt get to it and now i have very little interest in ridding so guys how much do you think i can realistically ask for the bike......again i dont know what is wrong with it and never had it check but other than that bike its in good cond............. thanks in advance

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,879 Posts
Yeah, part out. Otherwise you're probably looking at $2k-$2500 with that bad motor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
While parting it will yield more money, it does take a fair amount of effort, time, and organization to actually pull off to be on the plus side. Maybe just wholesale it and cut your losses.

Good luck!

dc

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
i'd sure invest in some fresh gas and a bottle of seafoam before i gave away something like that.$2500 for a 3,000 mile superbike ,wish i was closer

·
comrade moderator
26,846 Posts
Juses...I wish I had just a little bit of money and could buy this from you. I have nothing but time on my hands, and with my connections here on this forum, I'd bet Chuckracer could get back on a Duc and NOT have to part with his beloved KTM...this would be a big improvement at the ECM's,wouldn't ya think?

Maybe we need a "Lets Get Chuck On A Duc" drive...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.