Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Need advice on seat for '17 Multistrada 1200S...

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  SDS 
I just joined the forum and am looking for some advice. I have a 2017 Multistrada 1200S that I've ridden from Vancouver to Ontario, and around the entire of Eastern Canada. Just got back from a 5400 km trip and the OEM seat is killing me! I'd like to replace it with a more comfortable touring seat. I'm 6'3" and 245 lbs. It looks like Touratech only makes seats up to 2014 model, you have to ship your seat to Sargeant, and I've read some mixed reviews on Corbin seats. I'm also considering an Airhawk or Wild Ass seat pad instead. Any specific suggestions would be appreciated!
I've tried a lot of things with the 2017 multi seat. Also tried the airhawk. Non of it really worked for me. I think the biggest problem is the exhaust. The cat is getting extremely hot, which then makes the seat very hot and burns your ass. I think this is the biggest problem with this seat.
So a solution to that would be a termignoni or something exhaust or a decat option.

Currently I moved from the multi to the Diavel 1260 and it is more comfortable to me. Which of course shouldn't be the case. Because the multi should be a touring bike for long distances.

You want to get this multi seat cooler. That's what I think.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.